Changing Set-up (soundcard needed)
    Tech Convert

Default Changing Set-up (soundcard needed)

hello!

I hope you can help me in this. I am part of a group of three DJs that when we act on any club we use the following configuration:

2 macbooks with 2 bcd3000 & 2 traktor.

each 'master output' of the BCDs goes to a channel of the club mixer and we have 2 'phones out' to preview.

the sound of the BCD is not good... in some clubs we have had problems with the quality of the final mix.

So, we are changing the BCDs by vestax VCi100 + soundcard... and that's the point, which sound card we need?

* ¿two audio2dj? for example?

NI audio 4 or 8 can handle this configuration?
    other sound cards from other manufacturers?

thanks for reading and hope you can help me!!

cheers.

----------------------------------------------
    extra: We are also building a homemade MIDI controller (see the attached file) will post more pictures when finished.

Tech Wizard

The BCD's you have are each a soundcard, meaning if you were to replace them with another soundcard, you'd have to replace both of them with a respective soundcard. (Unless there was a soundcard that could be plugged into two computers at the same time.) In conclusion, and in my opinion, any soundcard you like as long as you have 2 of them for each computer. 2 audio2dj's would work nicely in this situation providing you with a master out and monitor out for each computer.

Filterkat

2 audio 2's would work nicely, however 2 audio 8's would be ideal. Since the audio 8's have midi in/out you could route the two audio 8's together via MIDI cable and then have one computer set as the master clock, and the other as the slave. so you would never be out of time or out of sync with each other. its a bit of a price hike from 2 audio 2's though :P

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filterkat View Post
    2 audio 2's would work nicely, however 2 audio 8's would be ideal. Since the audio 8's have midi in/out you could route the two audio 8's together via MIDI cable and then have one computer set as the master clock, and the other as the slave. so you would never be out of time or out of sync with each other. its a bit of a price hike from 2 audio 2's though :P
    or get an audio kontrol 1 and save some pennies

I had the same issue with the BCD3000 as well, great to start out on, but sound quality is a bit rough ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Filterkat

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    or get an audio kontrol 1 and save some pennies
    that thought never came to me... but yes... this would work well also with the ability to sync the 2 comps

Tech Convert

thank you all for your responses, I think we will choose the audio2dj's.