i need GOALZ

Thread: i need GOALZ

Default i need GOALZ

Okay so i have myself an Xponent with Torq Software, an APC40 and Ableton 8 Live suite (both of which i barely know how to use), and a Korg padkontrol(which i never use), all of which i used to use on my desktop, but i JUST got a new laptop yesterday (Toshiba Satellite A665, not exactly a prime DJ laptop but it was a suprise gift and is doing spectacularly so far, and im finally not reliant on having to scam friends laptops for my shows) so now my mind is wondering to what i should be aquiring next regarding equipment. I really REALLLLLY want a DDM4000, mostly because i like all the shiny lights (anyone know how i could intergrate that with what i currently have?) but also just in case i get CDJs in the future

See, i live in the SF bay area and our scene is jam packed with loads of artists so its hard to make a name for yourself, and CDJ experience is pretty much essential. ive seen controllers used here and there but not a whole lot (Ean's performance @ EPR last week is the first time ive seen a controller used at an event here in a good month lol) so im conflicted as to whether i should try and master my digital djing (already got the xponent nailed down, cant make heads or tails of ableton though, but i feel like i could end up doing some really cool shit if i got both working together) or if i should try and branch out and get some variety going with CDJs and such (i feel like i wouldnt be able to do such intracate mixing, but it would help me get better gigs)

anyone wanna comment on my situation? i have a bit on my plate at the moment and i need some direction in sorting this crap out lol

*edit*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2rJrWJTWo

just found this, kinda makes me want a DDM4000 now seeing as this dude/chick has exactly what i do plus that mixer

http://soundcloud.com/dj-solus
    -
    Equipment: M-Audio Xponent w/ Torq Software, Akai APC40 w/ Ableton Live 8, Korg Padkontrol

"our scene is jam packed with loads of artists so its hard to make a name for yourself, and CDJ experience is pretty much essential. ive seen controllers used here "

you kind of answered your own question here

if you wanna make a name for yourself and be heard then be different
    no matter what any one says about useing controllers,midi etc... just learn your tools and rock the house.you can do alot more cool shit with controllers and software than a couple of cdjs,and will spark alot of interest from the old skool crowd in how you do it

My main venue only ever had CDJ/mixer stuff going on less than a year ago, and now we have a night with 3 digital DJs playing back to back with various controllers. Club owners are concerned first and foremost about having a packed house, and their customers care a hell of a lot more about how you sound than what you're using.

You have a ton of stuff and want an opinion on what else to get? What are you, a magpie? Learn to use what you have got, don't add to it further.

Quality, not quantity.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    You have a ton of stuff and want an opinion on what else to get? What are you, a magpie? Learn to use what you have got, don't add to it further.

Quality, not quantity.
    +10000

if you keep adding stuff you will never get to master anything