Midi-Fighters for a Gig

Default Midi-Fighters for a Gig

Has anyone ever used just the Midi-Fighters with a mixer and a soundcard for a gig? Im debating on using this combination for a while. Does anyone have any feed back for me?

Get a good laptop stand with a mount for your soundcard, of course (I would say don't get the uberstand, flimsy piece of equipment). Aside from that the Midifighters pretty damn perfect and there isn't a lot to be worried about, just get some foam to put on the TT's or a crane stand to put them on. Other than that you might want to inform whoever's running the gig of your setup, as it's not very common.

If you live in a rich white suburbia (north of Dallas) like I do you'll probably get a bunch of punk underaged kids who feel like pressing all your arcade buttons because they look cool, just be ready for that I guess.

Aside from that just look up some popular mixers (xone:92, all pioneers, rane, etc.) and be familiar with the layout, going to a Guitar Center or just watching some youtube vids would probably do the trick.

Ean's article on setting up in a club would be a good read too: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/0...ers-in-a-club/
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    get a good laptop stand with a mount for your soundcard, of course (i would say don't get the uberstand, flimsy piece of equipment). Aside from that the midifighters pretty damn perfect and there isn't a lot to be worried about, just get some foam to put on the tt's or a crane stand to put them on. Other than that you might want to inform whoever's running the gig of your setup, as it's not very common.

If you live in a rich white suburbia (north of dallas) like i do you'll probably get a bunch of punk underaged kids who feel like pressing all your arcade buttons because they look cool, just be ready for that i guess.

Aside from that just look up some popular mixers (xone:92, all pioneers, rane, etc.) and be familiar with the layout, going to a guitar center or just watching some youtube vids would probably do the trick.

Ean's article on setting up in a club would be a good read too: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/0...ers-in-a-club/
    another dallasonian! What up!
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.