PadKontrol question
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default PadKontrol question

Hey guys

So, I have been having this weird problem with my PadKontrol and I figured I'd bring it here to see if there is a more logical fix then throwing it out the window.

I have only started programming the functionality of it. Right now the first column is set to Jump to Cue 1-4, and the first two fo the second column from the top are Jump to Cue 5-6, all set to focus. The PadKontrol is set to Channel 10, while the VCI is Channel 1. When I'm going through a beat juggle on Deck B, usually a faster one, suddenly the focus will jump from B to A, and I'll be juggling on Deck A now, which could be really bad if it happened in a live scenario.

So, any idea why this could happen? The only thing I could think of is that the CC command the PK is running on is conflicting with one on the VCI, even though they are on different channels. The PK is set, right now, to CC 1-16 for each pad. Should I set it to something else instead?

Thanks
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

This might be unrelated but I find that if my monitors are up loud enough the bass actually vibrates the VCI enough to move the jog wheel, causing the deck focus to change, for some reason this always seems to effect deck A more.
    Maybe your just slamming your PadKontrol too hard?

why did you set them in focus? set them to the deck u want to beatjuggle with an u have no problem...i have set my padcontrol like this: channel 2: first 4 buttons are play/cue Play/cue Pause/set cue (deck A)...the second 4 buttons are cue points (deck a)...the third 4 buttons are beatmashes (deck a) and so on.....then i switch to midi channel 3 and the controls are for deck B programmed...channel 4 is deck C and so on....then you just have to switch between your midichannels.

Well, I know focus would make more sense... need to program more scenes in.

But why is it doing it? That's what I'm curious about. And I do most of my practicing through headphones right now, so it's not the bass.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

sorry i donīt know, never had that problem with my padcontrol...
    Inhale innovation, exhale imitation

Thanks anyway. I'm gonna change it to be only A/B soon. Getting a second PK in the mail soon and I'll be able to set myself with a rather interesting set up, especially now that I am finally mapping out my VCI with MIDI-Pro.

Thanks again!
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall