SOUNCARD Change/ MOD to S4?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default SOUNCARD Change/ MOD to S4?

I love S4, but the sound on my unit, is crap, i send it, but i doubt they gona fix it, when i go to the gigs, i need to give more DBS on the mixer, than others with serato/traktor pro/ vinyls do with others sounds cards.

I was thinking about changing the S4 sound card.

Did anyone open an S4 and see how it is inside? Was thinking about buying an audio fire 2, open it, and mount inside the S4, but dont know if is posible to remove the one is inside, i know im gona lose some inputs but i dont care, i love this machine but when i plug others external sounds cards, they are hotted, have more dbs, and better sound.

What do you think about it? Thanks.

Tech Guru

I think the only downside is not having the knob to control your master volume.

Also not knowing how it works inside, you may still need to USB cords and for that I would just leave the sound card out.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Well, if i need to take out extra usb cord out of it is not much problem, i just want to know if you can take the internal sound card out, or its soldered to the other part of it, and if it will work without it. Ill see what i do when mine comes back from NI.

That's strange, with the same gain as Cdj's and with my master volume at 0 dB I got the same level as Cdjs with my S4...

Tech Guru

Max,

Curious to hear you have it a 0db most users I've seen have to set it lower or will get clipping immediately. Are you using the limiter?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

I will see if it comes repaired or not, mine doesnt have enought power, and some tracks wich dont have much bass, doesnt sound good, or powerfull, and with others soundcards does, so i cant go gigs wit that.

Maybe got damaged with a faulty ac charger ? I got an email from them saying there is a faulty european ac charger that can cause electro shock or somethig like that and needs to get a new one from them. I will see what i do, but back to the topic, you think is posible to get inside a small sound card replacing the one it haves? And using just the two outputs the audiofire 2 or others have? Taking a usb/firewire cord from inside to outside wont be hard i guess.

If it doesnt come repaired, i might sell it, if they say sounds like that. At home its ok, but is not for gigs, so i know people who would buy it, but the machine is so good that i maybe think on doing that mod.
    Last edited by VictorM; 12-22-2010 at 07:27 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Max,

Curious to hear you have it a 0db most users I've seen have to set it lower or will get clipping immediately. Are you using the limiter?
    This if you're running at 0db then it will more than likely sound bad. If it comes back still sounding bad knock it down to around -4 on the software main volume control and see how that sounds.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Nah, its the other guy, i had it at -4 or -7. It sound not like AUDI, and Final Scratch 2 sound card, kick ass compared to S4. I had it with a good configuration, and i did loads test, and deffo sound card, not have good sound quality, but its only apreciable in a good club, not at home. At home is noticiable but not that much, that why im scared they wont see the problem.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Ah okay, hope they get it sorted. I would be curious to know what the S4 looks like on the inside if you decide to take it apart. Make sure to take lots of pictures. If it were me though i would just get an Audio 2 and leave the S4 as it is.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Ah okay, hope they get it sorted. I would be curious to know what the S4 looks like on the inside if you decide to take it apart. Make sure to take lots of pictures. If it were me though i would just get an Audio 2 and leave the S4 as it is.

If i do the mod i will take pics . I dont want to loose the "all in one" of the S4, thats the reason i bought it. So if i dont get it sorted, i think i will try that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast