DJ craze and DJ Shiftee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJ craze and DJ Shiftee

hi all,
    after watching a few NI promo vids with DJ craze and DJ Shiftee etc i found myself having an orgasm over the idea of usb turntables in conjunction with traktor but NI graciously tell you all about their products that Craze and Shiftee are using like the X1, Machine and obviously Traktor Pro but they say nothing about the turntables and i really wanna know which ones they are but no matter how hard i look i cant find anything about them.

im really interested in getting a pair of usb turntables to use with traktor because you just cant beat good old scratching and turntablism especially combined with modern software like traktor it just seems too good to be true.

but after a lot of research i can only seem to find that the only decent usb turntables are "Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB turntables" but i dont know if they are the ones that Craze etc are using or even anyone else thats got them set up with traktor.
    iv read lots of reviews and everybody is raving about them but mostly they seem to be using them to play their old vinyls on...

can anyone help me out???
    any advice will be much appreciated as i haven't had much to do with usb turntables.

cheers guys
    merry christmas =D

They're DEFINITELY not using USB turntables. I've seen Shiftee using Technics 1210's (MKIII), and Craze using Technics 1200's.

You don't need usb turntables, as the audio (timecode from 12") goes from the TT straight into your audio interface, and the software converts it to .mp3 (kinda...), and shoots it out your audio interface - it goes like this:

TT (Timecode signal) > Audio Interface > Traktor (convert to "music") > Audio interface > Mixer/Amp

Any good direct drive TT's will do the job.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

They are using Techinc 1200's/1210's with Timecode.

The difference between Traktor Pro (TP) and Traktor "Scratch" Pro (TSP)

If you really want to use a controller that emulates vinyl control best look at the NS7 or V7's but those are used with Itch instead of Traktor. No such controller exist for Traktor, your only option is actual Turntabels and timecode with TSP.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

ahhhhhhhhhhh it all makes sense now.
    cheers man, iv not had anything to do with turntables iv only been DJing for a few years and purely because i couldnt afford turntables iv been using traktor pro and a midi controller but i would love to get my hands on some vinyl...

Technics 1200's would be absolutely fucking awesome but they are like a grand each... do you reckon there is anything else worth getting thats a cheaper option.

like would the Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB turntables be alright or would they be completely horrible???

im not just looking for something that can play and pause, i want something i can scratch with and have a bit more fun with.
    im over just hitting cue points, looping and quantising etc i want some more freedom with my music.

im using a behringer BCD3000 which is a plastic piece of shit and i cant stand it so im desperate to upgrade, it was alright when i was a complete noob but i certainly need something more professional because iv been offered gigs but im to embarrassed to bring that piece of shit out of my room...

my other option is to get an S4 but it is still a midi controller (whilst it is a far better one) it is still just a controller for traktor but there is nothing else like it on the market for the price.

i dunno ill leave it up you guys
    what do you think???

Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB
    ANY Direct Drive TT will do. With the one above, you'll pay extra for the USB connectivity. You don't need it.

This one would be fine:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/american_audio_ttd_2400.htm

(Bloody bargain, too! MAke sure you shell out for the dust covers: http://www.thomann.de/gb/american_au...dust_cover.htm to keem 'em nice and shiny.)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

will and direct drive do??? i dont want something that will fall to pieces after a few months.

You get what you pay for, mate. My Technics have lasted for 10yrs +, and I know they'll keep on going as long as I look after 'em.

Shop around a bit - if your budget allows, get a pair of used Technics.

I started on a pair of Limit S2000 Direct Drive TT's. They were fine until I could afford 1200's. (That was 13 years ago - here in the UK, it was EITHER Technics or Limits...)

You kids today have got it made.

hahah yeah well thats the case with most things, i was just hoping someone has made a TT thats on the cheaper side and isnt a piece of shit but i dont think im in luck there...
    i think ill just have to save up my money and buy a second hand pair SL1200's.

im getting an X1 for christmas and hopefully a kaossilator pro so that will keep me entertained in the meantime =D

if anyone finds anything that seems alright let me know
    cheers for the help guys

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by producereason View Post
    i was just hoping someone has made a TT thats on the cheaper side and isnt a piece of shit but i dont think im in luck there...
    Unfortunately those two pretty much go hand in hand. Keep your eyes peeled for used because good deals do pop up occasionally.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

dude also remember that for the turntables to work with timecode you need to upgrade from Traktor Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro and that's a few hundred bucks also. Turntables, a used pair of 1200's will last you a while, and carts (needles) aren't cheap either. Shure M44's are about 80 bucks a pop.

Like I said if you want the turntable feel with a controler, nothing beats an NS7 -- but Itch has tons of limits. Maybe when Itch 2.0 it will have more features closer to Traktor, but as far as turntables go....there's not much a 1200 can do that an NS7 can't.

S4 - is an AWESOME peice of gear. The jogs are the best ones of any controller out. Don't sweat it as being "just a controller" . You can do some really good scratching on it, but it's very different than turntables. You'd be proud to show up with an S4 to a party man.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast