Soundcloud just froze my mixtape? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I have posted my own thread on this as I was having some soundcloud probs, but actually seems I can jump on this one!

I got this message after uploading the same mix million times and getting some error message -

Submit a counter notice
    The track "High Heels and Short Skirts" you have uploaded to SoundCloud belongs to the rightsholder Last Gang Records Inc. / Last Gang Records Inc. and has been blocked. If this block was triggered by mistake, please submit a counter notice below.

Get in touch with us
    Are you the rightsholder or have explicit permission to upload this track?

Having checked out the last gang website it seems they act for Chromeo, which was the opening track on the mix. I'm guessing by putting the tracklisting when uploading the track soundcloud has a way of picking out certain artist names and rejecting stuff. I'm not expecting to hear from soundcloud in the near future. I've now slightly changed the MP3 file and going to try another upload as guessing they are now rejecting anything that is the same file I upload. I'm going to ditch the tracklisting and see what happens. But slightly annoying to say the least.

I can confirm it was the fact it contains Fancy Footwork by Chromeo that my mix is being rejected. Pretty annoying.

Dave, you're a criminal!

DJTT, doing it again, always giving me lolz.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    Dave, you're a criminal!

DJTT, doing it again, always giving me lolz.
    I'm fully expecting the Chromeo boys to come round and break my knee caps!

A tiny plug and I beg you please listen as I uploaded this mix about a million times, finally got it to work on good old mixcloud, the first track is ermmmm Unknown!

That makes me wonder how the legal situation on mix.dj is. Because every mix you upload there, must have a tracklist that includes the record labels for each track and once a mix is approved and online, you can purchase each track by clicking on the button on the tracklist.
    So I wonder if this site is now save, because every mix literally works as promotion for the record labels or if its users might get into trouble sooner or later too.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychofrakulator View Post
    That makes me wonder how the legal situation on mix.dj is. Because every mix you upload there, must have a tracklist that includes the record labels for each track and once a mix is approved and online, you can purchase each track by clicking on the button on the tracklist.
    So I wonder if this site is now save, because every mix literally works as promotion for the record labels or if its users might get into trouble sooner or later too.
    I'm new to mixcloud but it claims they have a PRS license, meaning money gets distributed to the labels, I guess soundcloud doesnt work in the same way.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

My mixes play on the radio, we have a PRS license. Wonder if that covers mixes after the fact? The big difference in mixcloud is that they don't allow downloads.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

hey daze...

nice mix brah, ive noticed the same thing when ive been making mixes lately, skrillex keeps poppin in there lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    hey daze...

nice mix brah, ive noticed the same thing when ive been making mixes lately, skrillex keeps poppin in there lol
    I'm developing an unhealthy man crush on his music! Its getting to the point I'll do something stupid like getting his face tattooed on my chest and change my name to Sonny in his honour!