Soundcloud just froze my mixtape?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Soundcloud just froze my mixtape?

Hi StphnVlstk,

We have been notified that the upload "Mini Mixtape December":

http://soundcloud.com/stphnvlstk/mini-mixtape-december

might be infringing the original rightsholder's copyright and could potentially be breaching the SoundCloud terms of service. Your upload is currently blocked.

If this block was triggered by mistake and you have the explicit permission from the rightsholder to use, upload and distribute this content, please submit a detailed explanation by clicking the following link:

http://soundcloud.com/settings/disputes/xxx

Thanks,

The SoundCloud team
    Anyone else got one like this? I don't even know which track we're talking about here - way to be clear.
    I thought SoundCloud was okay with mixtapes?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've never seen that, but technically you're distributing music that you don't have rights to distribute when you upload a mix and enable downloads. I would ask Soundcloud what song it is that's in question and remove it from the mix.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Because it is illegal to upload to the web ANY music you do not have the rights, so strictly speaking it is illegal to upload mixes from other artists and if the artist/label or any single person point to any mixtape they have to shutdown. Sometimes i do not understand the double morality of members of the forum, making an scandal for hacks or cracked software but in the other hand they do illegal things quite often, like uploading mixtapes. And the funny part it is more illegal, in a way of saying, uploading music than downloading, you can even go to jail for uploading not downloading.

yea my mixes are starting to all get frozen by them too.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    yea my mixes are starting to all get frozen by them too.
    Would be curious to know if it's one label or artist that's finding stuff and asking SC to pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    Sometimes i do not understand the double morality of members of the forum, making an scandal for hacks or cracked software but in the other hand they do illegal things quite often, like uploading mixtapes.
    I think it's a little different in the fact that downloading cracked software doesn't promote the software or introduce the software to people that otherwise may never have used the software if you hadn't used it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I got tagged by universal for using a completely remade house remix of Only Girl in the world and they made me take down the whole mix. ive noticed the way in which you tag the genre of music makes you fly under the radar a bit

i have a buddy of mine who uses top 40 songs all the time, no change just crossfade slams inbetween parts of the songs and he labels it as a "DJ MIX" and they havnt gone after him for it yet....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think it's a little different in the fact that downloading cracked software doesn't promote the software or introduce the software to people that otherwise may never have used the software if you hadn't used it.
    Exactly. Also, you can't just extract a song out of a mixtape (well, not properly), so it's no use to people who are just looking to download an mp3.

You can also easily buy a license for paid software. On the other hand, it's almost impossible to contact every contact label asking for permission to use their property in a mixtape.

mine was universal music, and some other lesser known label that starts with a zed, I think it was zebramotion or some abstract name, it's a label from Germany.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

did anyone use the track name in the title when uploading it to SC (in the title of the mix, track listing, ect....)? or did they just find it by listening to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    Sometimes i do not understand the double morality of members of the forum, making an scandal for hacks or cracked software but in the other hand they do illegal things quite often, like uploading mixtapes.
    What are you wittering on about?

It may be breaking copyright rules but it is widely established practice within the record/dj community. There would be no community or scene if mixes of other peoples music weren't distributed.

Most producers turn a blind eye (most don't even care, let alone turn a blind eye) as it is promotion of their records and their careeers.

Ocassionally an artist's management/record label might make a point and ask for mixes to be taken down and now with the growth of soundcloud this might be more prevalent, but comparing it to hacked/cracked software is total BS and not even on the same level.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast