Traktor + APC 40 = latency issues
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor + APC 40 = latency issues

Ok, well no one over at NI's forum has responded to this yet so I thought I would ask you wise guys

So I have an APC 40, Kontrol X1, Audio 2 DJ, and the latest updated version of traktor pro. Running a 2 Ghz Duo Core, 4Gigs Ram, Windows 7 PC laptop.

When my APC40 is not plugged in I have no problem getting the latency in Traktor down to something between 5-15mil/secs. When the APC is plugged in I get some crackling issues and audio pops when I do things like switch the deck focus (ie select deck b while deck a is playing) and use the shift command on the APC. To solve these issues my latency needs to be at around 40mil/secs. However, I can hear/feel the lag when I am doing things and it is off putting. Not the way I want to perform.

Anyone know what is going on and what I can do about it (ie how I can get my latency back down to something reasonable. My machine is definitely fast enough. Could just be the USB bus is slow or something). Right now I'm running the APC in 'dumb mode'. I've had nothing but trouble since I started trying to get this thing integrated into my setup. Finally this is the last big hurdle before things start looking up.

Thanks for the help.

have you updated your sound drivers? got asio4all?

never had a problem with the apc40 in traktor

You, my son are in luck - check this thread:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...highlight=post

Then, go and thank Karlos!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Alright so here is an update.

1 - Patch thanks for the link. I have seen this and done some of the things on the list but not all of them. I'm not sure if any would address my specific problem...read further.

2 - AboveDat! I am guessing you do not have an Audio 2,4, or 8 DJ because they use their own ASIO drivers. ASIO4ALL would only be helpful if I were using a different interface.

3 - So I have narrowed things down a bit. If I delete all the LED outs in traktor I can get my latency down to 3.5mil/secs However, there are several features where LED feedback is pretty crucial to know if something is going on or not.

Still hoping someone may have an idea before I resolve to using no LEDs or Ones that don't change state.

You need to read this thread

When I had an APC40...and every other midi controller afterward, Str8upDrew's app fixed all audio issues.

Tech Convert

space monkey this looks promising. i'm reading through the thread right now and just downloaded the version he uploaded. quick question for you. he mention MAX and something about using the stand alone verson. Do you have to have MAX installed for this to work? I don't have MAX.

Tech Convert

wow...this is a godsend. thank you thank you thank you for drawing my attention to this space monkey. it now appears that i no longer have any audio glitches with my apc40 and traktor. nice. funny enough though with my latency set to 3.5 or 5.5 mil/sec i get audio pops when i use the keyboard to type words into traktors search box. maybe this is something that doing more of the pc optimization would change? anyway, its not that important i can live with 11.5mil/secs of latency.