powered or usb bus powered harddisk

Default powered or usb bus powered harddisk

So i searched the forum but couldn't find my answer, so here we go.

What would you recommend, a powered harddisk or a bus powered one, for running my music when using the s4?. further a 5400 or a 7200?.

I've got powered mybooks and wd elements but i rather would go with a bus powered one.

Any suggestions on the usb bus powered ones, and maximum size?

Got a rather large music collection, do mobile djíng as well and i read that a big collection on your internal disk is slowing your lappy down, so maybe someone can give me some inside on this too?.

Further i've been thinking of a firewire external hardisk don't know if that would be a better option?. Would save me an usb port. Thinking of upgrading to a macbook in the near future.

Thanx, Thomas

I will tell you few facts that I know.
    USB buss powered 2.5" drives:

+ Smaller, no need for external power.
    - Requires 2 usb ports for stable work, greater price, can't be used for player with usb.

Speed is not that important to you, 5.400 rpm is enough for your purpouse of use, with greater speed of 7.200 you would get better copying speed.
    About size, only your budget is limit. There are no differences regarded to size.

i would go with usb powered hard drives, cuz otherwise it would be another extra point on ur strip thaT is taken by ur hard drive. already i got my laptop, 2 tts, mixer and serato sl3 taking up my strip points
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.