Is this possible to make?
    Tech Guru

Default Is this possible to make?

I want to mount a crossfader in a box and have an input and output running to it. So basically I can take a decent crossfader with me anywhere I go. I've been dealing with in-house shit crossfaders for too long now & want to know I can rely on my own one. I want to come out of the TT or the CDJ, into the crossfader box (L & R), then out of the crossfader box into the mixer. So all I have to do is put the existing crossfader in the middle on the mixer and everything else works as normal, the only difference being I got my own crossfader.
    Seems like a straight forward thing to build but how do I know what to solder and where?

Cheers

Well you'd want your own phono preamps, and you'd need pre-crossfade eq, and... you'd pretty much be building your own mixer.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Well you'd want your own phono preamps, and you'd need pre-crossfade eq, and... you'd pretty much be building your own mixer.
    Why would you need pre-crossfade EQ's? I want to use the mixers EQ's. So it will be out of the decks, into the crossfader, out of the crossfader into the mixer. The crossfader will literally be crossfading the feed from decks 1 & 2 before it goes to the mixer. It wouldn't need a preamp before it goes to the mixer cos it'll only be preamped a second time once it gets to the mixer. The mixer would be amping & EQ-ing the signal. If the crossfader is all the way to the right then only the right deck feed will go to the mixer and then it will be amp'd and EQ'd within the mixer. The crossfader will be like a bridge between the decks and the mixer.

I only want it to be able to cut or mix the signals of decks 1 & 2 before it goes to the mixer. 2 inputs on the crossfader, one for the left deck and one for the right. 2 outputs on the crossfader, one for the left deck channel input on the mixer, and one for the right deck channel input on the mixer.

Get me?

Tech Guru

This is what I want to build. Excuse the poor drawing skills, and there's no text explaining what's what but you get the idea.

Attachment 4150

Yeah…can't figure out why you want it, though…

And it needs a preamp…otherwise that circuitry needs to be dead silent.

Seriously…just bitch at clubs until they fix their crossfaders.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Yeah…can't figure out why you want it, though…

And it needs a preamp…otherwise that circuitry needs to be dead silent.

Seriously…just bitch at clubs until they fix their crossfaders.
    I want it so that I can turn up to any venue and I know that no matter what the set up, I'll still be able to scratch and cut in comfort.

what do you mean by "needs to be dead silent"? And if it requires a preamp is there a small preamp on the market I can just mount in the housing with the crossfader?