Boston
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston

Default Boston

so i was reading a thread that just popped up about people from around brighton and was thinking... hey i wonder if anyone on here is from around boston.

ive been djing for about 2.5 years (2 of which i just button mashed two ipods in our shitty fraternity basement) and would love to know more about whats going on locally (shows, oppertunities to play, --i just started using ableton and would love to bounce ideas off of people too --, ect.).... god i love DJTT, cause i dont know too many people who dj and its awesome having such a group of people around with the same interests.

i typically spin electro, house, and im starting to dabble with some dubstep.

oh yeah and merry christmas!

Well not Boston itself, but I'm a touch west of 495. Smack dab between Lowell and Fitchburg at the moment, though I used to live in Worcester.

There's actually been some really good stuff going on lately, fairly locally.

I'm honestly contemplating starting a bi-weekly night in a Fitchburg/Lowell bar in the near future as well. There's a serious void of EDM northwest of boston.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Im in boston most of the year, home now for break. Im a student at northeastern, i mainly play house and top 40 remixes for parties and stuff. but like you i've been getting into dubstep a lot more recently

Dubstep is getting pretty big up here. If you guys ever have a chance, there's a small local show that runs bi-weekly in Worcester on Tuesdays at the Fusion nightclub. It's called "Bass Embassy" and some of those guys have really blown me away with what they are doing.

Elements is always classy as well for some sweet DnB's, and the Middle East has been booking some big names recently (Jack Beats, Nero, and Zed's Dead coming in January).

I've found a lot of the local DJ's wanting though. If you guys want to know about local events, http://www.newraveorder.com/viewforum.php?f=33 is the place to go. It's been around forever, and it's basically where most of the local promoters post up their stuff online.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

im originally from the merrimack valley, i know one or two other guys on here is too. I go to school elsewhere, but would love to get into djing in boston over the summer. the only clubs around me are ones i do not want to be associated with haha.

have any of you ever tried playing at the middle east in cambridge?

Im in franklin off 495. ive played in little bars and shit around here but wanna hook up with other people who spin what i do, rather than top 40 and hip hop (although its awesome to play infront of a crowd, its killing me). im trying to get someone i know at fitchburg st to have a EDM show in their gym as a concert.

i would love to do one of the electro parties at the middle east. that shit sounds like a blast but i dont know too many people involved with this shit cause im the only one of my friends that really does this ( minus producing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

what up what up!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

nothin guy. what about you? enjoying this goddamn blizzard? it was a bitch to get from work (across town) back home like half an hr ago. took me almost an hr and a half.

Well, from central NH but the northeast is small enough for me to jump in with you guys..Not snowing up here yet but definitely looking forward to it...Going to any NYE shows?

nah, im playing at a local bar for NYE. figured id make some cash and piss off the girl at the same time. way more fun to spin some tunes then to hang out with her friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast