just got a vci-100..question!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default just got a vci-100..question!

So I just got a VCI-100 not the SE version but im looking to get the techtools mapping and the black layout to put on the VCI-100. My question is, is this mapping really needed to make the most of the controller? Can I survive without it or should I not even think twice and get the mapping ASAP? Also I should mention I am brand new to DJing so I need to learn everything possible, so am I better off leaning with the current mapping of the 100 or get the techtools one and learn with that?

Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

the techtools mapping is free and better...so i dont see why not lol
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

get it on mate, its well worth it
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Download the mapping and use masking tape to label it until your overlay comes in.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

The biggest thing you're going to have to get/do, is get the firmware updated. You'll need a firmware update kit (sold here on the site if I'm not mistaken). The updates basically fix a lot of bugs, and add a lot to the controller.

Without that, getting the mapping and overlay is a bit redundant since you wouldn't be able to use the .tsi's for the newest firmware.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

You can try this mapping to get you started...

http://www.maxonemusic.com/djtt-mods/tsi-files-vci-100/

The DJTT mapping is the nuts, and the FW update is 100% worth it, but make a little start first until you understand what you want to do with it etc.

then upgrade to SE edition
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

Is the FW update a must before getting the new mapping? Would the mapping not work without the update? Just wondering even though the FW update isn too pricy, im just trying to keep extra costs at a low for now but of course if i have to ill do it just to do everything right.

The Techtools mapping wont really work with out the FW update, however try the mapping I posted cause I used that for about a year and half and it was alright.

The DJTT mapping is better, no doubt, and the FW upgrade is worth it, but if you're new to djing, you may even find my mapping simpler to get started.

Merry xmas
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No Fader FX without the FW update. That's reason enough alone!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    The Techtools mapping wont really work with out the FW update, however try the mapping I posted cause I used that for about a year and half and it was alright.

The DJTT mapping is better, no doubt, and the FW upgrade is worth it, but if you're new to djing, you may even find my mapping simpler to get started.

Merry xmas
    Just a dumb question, does your mapping work with the basic setup of the VCI-100 or would I still need the overlay?

Merry Xmas as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast