Relative to Playback Mode and back again...
    Tech Convert

Default Relative to Playback Mode and back again...

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a new setup happening with Traktor Scratch Pro, basically i have my 2 turntables and an M-Audio Keyrig 25 which i use for all my hot keys (loops, effects, cue points etc.).

I also have Play and Sync on my Midi Keyboard so i can use it independently of the decks if i want.

What i'm trying to figure out is if there is a way to have a function on my Midi Keyboard to swap between Relative Mode whilst using the turntable and Playback Mode. I've had a look in Traktor's Midi Mapping section but can't seem to figure it out. I know there are Relative / Absolute buttons on the Kontrol X1.

The reason why i want to do it is i generally swap between turntables and controller depending on how i am mixing at that time. If it is a track with live drums or i am doing scratching i will always be on the decks. If i am mixing several songs in rapid succession, with acapella samples etc. i generally use the controller. I would like to be able to do this without having to continuously come back to the laptop and click between the different playback modes.

Tech Guru

yeah i mapped my xone 1d to do this, i'll open traktor later, i do remember there was something odd about getting it to go back to timecode control after using audio through
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Convert

Hey thanks man, i think i figured it out.

Assign > Timecode > Scratch mode Int/Rel/Abs

Interaction Mode > Direct

Modifier 1 >Set to value Relative

This gives me a button that will set it to Relative mode. I can't seem to work out a way to toggle between Internal and Relative modes with the one button but i can get back to play back mode with the Play/Pause Button, pressing it once switches back to Internal pressing it a second time starts Playback.

If anyone has any other ideas about using both turntables and Midi controllers together i'd love to hear them.

Regards,

Ev.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x