Traktor Pro - Midi crash during performance with M-audio UC-33e controller.
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Pro - Midi crash during performance with M-audio UC-33e controller.

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

I have Traktor Pro and M-audio uc-33e controller. They fit my need perfectly, but I experienced problems sometimes. My problem is always the same... during performance my Traktor loose midi signal, so I have to restart Traktor and after that everything is ok again. But today I got this problem twice for just one hour and I have a DJ performance tonight, so I'm really afraid not to have this problem during my performance this evening.

When I lost my midi signal last time, I opened Ableton Live to check if I have midi in general and I had midi in Ableton, so the problem is not in my controller but in Traktor.

What to do? Is there any way to reactivate midi without restarting Traktor?

Tech Mentor

Have you updated traktor?
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    Have you updated traktor?
    No, never!

I used to Dj with Traktor Pro and UC33. when I encountered this issue, I used to unplug the usb cable and re-plug, and after a few seconds, midi was back.

Tech Mentor

Try re installing traktor.... and uptading would work... every month or two my traktor goes crazy so i restart it....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Maxledaron View Post
    I used to Dj with Traktor Pro and UC33. when I encountered this issue, I used to unplug the usb cable and re-plug, and after a few seconds, midi was back.
    I had the exact same issue and I used to do the exact same thing. It is very annoying but it was the best I could do and only happened on a few occasions.

This is what I would do if it happens tonight.

I'm halfway impressed that traktor doesn't bork out when you unplug controllers…I'm pretty sure it used to at one point.

But sometimes I had a bigger issue with the UC33: my midi mapping didn't worked anymore, and I had to remap everything in a few minutes 'cause I was playin' 5 minutes after.

The CC assignation changed and I couldn't go back to the original CC...

I plug my'n into my audio 8 with a midi cable and I have no issues at all with my uc33e.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Student

...I used to unplug the usb cable and re-plug, and after a few seconds, midi was back.
    I have tried this but midi never got back... So as if I predicted somehow what could happen last night... my midi friezed at least 6 times so I have to play the same song in Winamp and in the beatless parts of the song I plaied Winamp till I restart the Traktor... so my performance started becoming a nightmare till the moment when I just did throw the computer and controller away and started playing the good reliable CDJ's.

Probably this was the last chance I gave to software DJing... I just gave up. I will use it just at home to record mixes or so.