Midi-Fighter 2 deck setup w/ mixer

Default Midi-Fighter 2 deck setup w/ mixer

I have 2 questions. I have a numark 2 channel mixer, a numark dj io soundcard, 2 midi fighters, and traktor pro. I know that the 2 midi-fighters plug in usb into the ports of the laptop along with the soundcard.

But where do I put my cables from the soundcard to the mixer? And the what outputs on the mixer do I use to plug into my PA speakers?

Obviously I'm a begginer so if anyone can answer these 2 questions it would help alot.

Thanks!

Hey

In all simplicity, there should be two pairs of RCA connectors on the DJIO sound card (right next to the power supply plug). Each set of red and white connector is a stereo sound channel output

On the mixer there should be a similar pair of connectors, probably also red and white, depending on the mixer. Run a pair of RCA cables between the two sets (plugging red into red, and white into white).

There should also (though it would be easier to figure out if you posted a picture), be either a pair of RCA connectors for mixer output, or a pair of bigger XLR connectors.
    Again these come in a stereo pair, so run a cable from here to the input of your Amplifier.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by safefire; 12-26-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Tech Wizard

im having this same problem (newbie as well) and i have the same soundcard with a Numark M2 mixer and i really have no idea how to set up my mixer with traktor pro.
    i have my soundcard hooked up to my speaker but i dont know how to connect it to the mixer and have it working.

My understanding is that you use the outputs(RCA) of the sound card and insert them into channel 1 and 2. Run the master out of the mixer into your PA system.

I assume that the sound card has 2 outputs.

Just think of each set of outputs as a cd player and hook them up to the mixer.

Hope that helps

Tech Wizard

you sir, are amazing!
    haha my mixer works now.
    but one more question, both of my decks are coming out of channel one...so if i move the fader to the left all the sound is gone.
    but thanks again!

Go into your audio setup and redefine your outputs.

Make sure you have 2 sets of RCA's comming from the card into there respective channels.

I'm sure you'll have it figured out with another bit of play.

Glad I cold help

Did the original poster make out alright I wonder?

Tech Wizard

yup and your right again
    all it did take was some messing around and getting to know my mixer and the software a little more.

i sure hope the original poster got what he needed.

thanks again!