Traktor S4 Addons... Midi Fighter, Kaossilator?
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor S4 Addons... Midi Fighter, Kaossilator?

Hey everyone... been looking around for some cool beat and sound sampling add on hardware that I can use with my S4. I was wondering... could I run my S4... in theory into a Kaoss Pad 3 and then run that into my sound mixer? Or what can or cannot be done.

I was also looking at a Kaossilator Pro... which would actually be more of an instrument on its own... would I just run that separately into my mixer and use it as a separate instrument altogether?

Any advice?

Thanks everyone!

Also... just checked out those midi fighters... and they are pretty sick, how would something like that work with the S4. Would I need to wait for a map for the s4 to support it or what.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Not sure about your first question but the Midi Fighters work with S4 now. You could remap it to take advantage of some of the new S4 features if you want, but the standards mappings already work.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

answer is YES

Tech Convert

Ok... so now that the initial YES has been answered... lol Say I purchased a Kaoss Pad 3 (http://www.korg.com/product.aspx?pd=269) which for those unfamiliar is basically just an effects add on that alters the sounds of another source... aka anything coming from the S4.

Would I just run my S4 into the Kaoss Pad 3, then my Kaoss Pad 3 into my mixer... and that's all?

I know with the Kaoss Pad Pro, Which is actually it's own instrument in itself... I should probably just run it directly into its own channel on my mixer.

This sounding good? I am really new to the S4, and i don't wanna spend a few hundred bucks if I can't use it

You can route the audio directly from the S4 into the KP3 into the mixer, but the effect will cover ALL channels, so you wouldn't be able to do FX on individual decks. HOWEVER, the way I have mine set up, is you can use it as a Midi Controller for Traktor's FX. A slight waste of the KP3's built in effects, but a LOT easier than using those tiny FX buttons on the top.

Tech Convert

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX2J4hW5c-E

Traktor S4 + An Awesome Minecraft Emulator (Korg-Kaossilator) = ?_?

Could the Kaoss Pad 3 be hooked up to the send/return of a mixer? I've never had either, so.. bleh. ._.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Could the Kaoss Pad 3 be hooked up to the send/return of a mixer? I've never had either, so.. bleh. ._.
    yes
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x