help for a noob who wants to mix with ableton

Default help for a noob who wants to mix with ableton

so i am new to using ableton and i just wanted some advice to get started and how to actually make remixes using able. im starting as a complete black slate so any input would be appreciated. the equipment i currently have that i could use for able is two midi fighters and a bcr 2000

Are you referring to making studio remixes or live mixing?

well for now studio remixes

There are a ton of things to cover without any specific questions, so I'll just try to point you in the right direction to start out. Stems (separated parts of tracks like vocals/drums/etc) for a lot of major tracks are available for purchase from places like beatport. This is a pretty good starting point to understand the basics of remixing without stems.

Also there are a lot of user-filtered acapellas for popular tracks available around the web (such as here and here).

Default Any clue on how to add DJM-2000 into a channel of Ableton to record a mix?

I'm having a similar problem, trying to record my mixes using Ableton. I've been trying to hook up DJM-2000 into Ableton, using all kinds of ways.
    For example here are a few things I've tried:

1) Direct USB from DJM-2000 to Macbook pro. The DJM is recognized and sometimes shows as an Ableton input, but not sure how to add it into an audio channel for recording.

2) MIDI cable to Focusrite Scarlet 2:4 Soundcard to Macbook. No signal detected by any of the track/channels in Ableton.

3) Also reset the Digital Audio Output on the DJM-2000 setting to -5db to ensure it isn't too low to be recognized.

I've been playing around with this for a few weeks or so, but haven't been able to find a solution... although it's not a pressing matter since my focus is on production rather than recording mixes.

I've been having problems hooking up my DJM-2000 to Ableton to record my mixes.

1) I've tried to do it using the USB connection and the DJM-2000 gets detected but I find no way of making the sound come through any of the audio tracks.

2) I've also tried using the Midi connection from DJM-2000 to my Focusrite Scarlet 2:4 to my Macbook, but I don't get any signal either.

Any suggestions or videos that show how to make this work? I don't want to have to buy the Serato card for this...

Thanks!

faderfox makes some pretty awesome little mixer toys if u need midi stuff. also- if ableton and traktor could have a love child well it should have been born by now- by i'd still be all over that.

moved to proper sub forum for more visibility...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

I'll try to walk you through it step by step:

1. Make sure you select your DJM as your input device under preferences.
    2. Once you have it selected, create a blank audio channel.
    3. There are two dropdowns within the audio channel. Select "Audio From" > "Ext In", then under that, select channels 1/2.
    4. Once those are selected you need to arm the track, just hit the record button on the bottom. If you still can't hear it, find "Monitor" in the audio channel, and select either "In" or "Auto" and you should have everything working!

Happy mixing.