Help me clever people...please
    Tech Convert

Default Help me clever people...please

Just got a Kaossilator for xmas (I know you may think its a toy yad a yada yadda) and wanted to play it through Traktor 3. The only problem is I use the Numark omnicontrol midicontroller which has no audio in's. Is it possible to get traktor 3 to play from the pc audio in whilst still playing from the midicontroller.

If not is there an adapter you can buy to get two stereo phono sources to connect to one male stereo phono connector (i know i could buy a soundcard but im skint) Thanks in advance.

Tech Guru

cant you just use an rca to rca cable... output from omni to kaosillator then from kaos to whatever your normal output would be??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    cant you just use an rca to rca cable... output from omni to kaosillator then from kaos to whatever your normal output would be??
    Yeah have tried that kaossilator doesn't have an input either. Put the output from the omni to the output of the kaossilator then the headphone section to the speakers it didn't sound good at all but worked. Also the problem was that the kaossilator became the master sound so i couldn't have quiet kaossilator loud traktor but i could have the opposite.

If there isn't another way could you think of a way to get that setup with better sound quality

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by daftnoize View Post
    Yeah have tried that kaossilator doesn't have an input either. Put the output from the omni to the output of the kaossilator then the headphone section to the speakers it didn't sound good at all but worked. Also the problem was that the kaossilator became the master sound so i couldn't have quiet kaossilator loud traktor but i could have the opposite.

If there isn't another way could you think of a way to get that setup with better sound quality
    erm you could splash out on the cheapist mixer possible, just check it has a send and return on it and that way you can control volume levels too
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.