How do you go about organizing your Traktor music?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you go about organizing your Traktor music?

Hi guys. One thing that I haven't really figured out is why Traktor Pro doesn't offer full integration with the iTunes library. I am very well organized within iTunes, with tracks in separate R&B, Hiphop, Trance, Progressive House, House etc playlists.

It'd be awesome if I could just play them in Traktor, but instead NI wants us to import them into Traktor's own music collection.

My problem with this is that it's getting teduous keeping all Traktor playlists in sync manually with my constantly changing iTunes playlists. I currently organize iTunes and then launch Traktor to add the same tracks into basically the same playlists in Traktor.

Of course, I don't have all my iTunes music in Traktor because not everything is suitable for dj:ing, but the music that is suitable is already organized perfectly. How do you go about this?

Tech Mentor

Traktor reads your iTunes playlists on every launch, what do you mean you have to sync them manually?

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Traktor reads your iTunes playlists on every launch, what do you mean you have to sync them manually?
    They are not imported into Traktor's own collection upon launch. Can I skip this step and just don't bother with the Traktor collection and use iTunes instead?

you have two (among other) categories

own collection
    itunes

if you click on itunes, it freshes direct from your itunes playlist (i believe xml) and displays all your tracks, smart playlists, and normal playlists.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can play straight from the iTunes node, but Traktor works best if you add the track to the collection first. Unfortunately there is no way other than manually deleting and adding the playlists in Traktor's collection when you make changes to the iTunes playlist.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

jojo, is there a way to transpose itunes ratings to the traktor collection?

thats the only thing preventing me from jumping over to pure traktor collection usage.

Tech Guru

I ussually stick to making my "crates" in my itunes (aka making a playlist on itunes) and then loading Traktor and accessing it under iTunes.

From what I see it is not that big of a bother since all I have to do on upon launching is open my iTunes node......which does take about 1-2 seconds:eek:
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    jojo, is there a way to transpose itunes ratings to the traktor collection?

thats the only thing preventing me from jumping over to pure traktor collection usage.
    It should carry over from iTunes to Traktor once the song is analyzed. You may have to check consistency in Traktor if you make changes to a song in iTunes after it's been added to Traktor's collection. I have Traktor set to check consistency whenever it opens adds a bit of time to boot up, but it's worth it for pointing out problems that may have arisen before i start playing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ya i def use the 'check consistency' option each and every time, but i find it is not porting over the ratings.

wasn't sure if it matches the id3 for itunes ratings as i hear itunes has a particular way it handles ratings...

will work some more with it...

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    ya i def use the 'check consistency' option each and every time, but i find it is not porting over the ratings.

wasn't sure if it matches the id3 for itunes ratings as i hear itunes has a particular way it handles ratings...

will work some more with it...
    This confuses me too. Some tracks have ratings and some do not. Weird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast