Read traktor stripe files
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Read traktor stripe files

Is there any way to do it????

ok...now im confused...

where does traktor save all the info about cues and loops? in transient files or stripe files?

EDIT: and yes, i know about collection.nml. But it seems that traktor stores temporary changes somewhere, before storing in the nml....and i hope that its either in stripes or transients files...
    Last edited by dead_devil_66; 12-28-2010 at 03:24 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

AFAIK there is no way to read either the stripe or transient files without Traktor. Cues and loops are stored in a separate Traktor specific tag called a Traktor4/NITR tag that's added to the mp3 file I believe.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

so how can i read those tags???????

i have just opened foobar with one track that should have CUE tags (if what you said is correct). When i tried to see the tags, no cue or loops tags were in it! :S

EDIT: used mp3tag as well.....
    Last edited by dead_devil_66; 12-28-2010 at 12:18 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Just because a tag reader does not see it doesn't mean it's not there. It's NI's own code so unless that software can read the code it more than likely won't show up. Elaborate a little on why you want to be able to read the tags without using Traktor and we may be able to steer you in the right direction. They only work in Traktor so I don't really see a reason to try and read them with some other software.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I want to edit those tags in order to make it possible to have several cue and loop sets. My objective is to write a small program that changes the cue set before i load the track in traktor. That way, i know which cues must be used in a certain mashup or edit

As you've noticed, mp3tag doesn't see the Traktor tags for sure, even in the extended tags view.
    If you can write a small program to work with ID3 tags, you'll be able to access all the tags you want rather easily using the mutagen library for Python.

i have just downloaded the jaudiotagger library and im doing something about this feature.

Thanks for the help guys!

why not ave a second copy of the song with the 2nd set of cuepoints and such?

seems easier
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast