Please help. :D
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help. :D

Tech Wizard

Default Please help. :D

I've wanted to start DJing for a while now, but didn't have the money to get a mixer or anything like that. But Christmas just got over and now I want to buy a mixer and one turntable, so I was wondering if these two will work together + my laptop.

http://www.topdjgear.com/gemsodjusbtu.html

http://www.topdjgear.com/vevm4chdjmiw.html

If you know of any that are around the same price but are better, please let me know.

Tech Mentor

You'd be buying an analog setup with one turntable. Which means you can't dj, because you can only play 1 tune at a time. Do you even have vinyl?

Are you planning on DJ'ing completely on your computer, or rather vinyl/timecode, cd's or a combination? A full MIDI setup ( = computer) would be the cheapest way of having a decent setup.

Tech Wizard

e.e What

Agree with above, if you want to try DJing you should probably buy a cheap entry level midi controller that comes with software as well as a soundcard....

Taken from another thread:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-DJ-4780511-Control-Steel/dp/B001O92B1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293528576&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Hercules DJ Control Steel: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41lVx5%2BL82L.@@AMEPARAM@@41lVx5%2BL82L[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instruments-AUDIO-DJ-Interface/dp/B002N2TWSY/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1293528622&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Native Instruments AUDIO 2 DJ Interface: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41rm07DPeGL.@@AMEPARAM@@41rm07DPeGL[/ame]

If I was to start over and buy my first gear today, I would probably start off with those two things above ... you also get 2 different programs that you can mess around with to see which you prefer.

Also, setup should be very easy so you can get right at learning

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by procc View Post
    e.e What
    If you're looking for help, do some research on your own first. We're not wikipedia. Concepts like analog and digital setups, timecode, MIDI, ... are perfectly explained on the internet.

Come back when you've done some effort, in the meanwhile look at above poster's suggestion, it's a good low budget setup.

Tech Wizard

Sorry I'm such a noob, but what does the Native Instruments AUDIO 2 DJ Interface: Musical Instruments do?

Tech Mentor

Sorry I'm such a noob, but what does the Native Instruments AUDIO 2 DJ Interface: Musical Instruments do?
    Audio 2 dj is a USB sound card w/ 2 audio outputs, one for each channel if using a mixer./controller(midi) or a main out and a cue out if not using a mixer.

Gotta ask why are u wanting to get a turntable? technic stopped making 1200s a few months back? not to mention the pain in the ass it would be to mix between ur laptop and a 1200 not saying its impossible but damn what a pain in the ass it would be.

so let me ask u this, what is ur goal here? do u want to be a mobile dj(top 40 crap, weddings, prom etc etc) or are u looking at being a club/rave dj? becuase that is a big factor?

Tell what ur goal is and id be more then happy to guide u in a direction. the above posts will help u with some of the gear. but really what is goal then we can go from there.

P.s. that gemini TT(turntable) is a waste of money unless u want to just record ur vinyle to ur pc. thats about all its good for.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Tech Wizard

^Really just a bedroom DJ for now, looking for a new hobby.

Tech Mentor

^Really just a bedroom DJ for now, looking for a new hobby.
    Ok, and what kinda music do plan on spinning\playing? r u planning on producing ur own music at some point?

Gotta ask why are u wanting to get a turntable? do u have vinyl? have u thought about CDJS?

What are planning to use to play ur music off ur PC? this is a big one, u cant just use media player or VLC or winamp. U need somthing lie ABLETON , or traktor, or serrento.

awnser the above and then we can move on. Im asking these questions so i can help u out here. Your idea of a setup dosnt really work well(i.e. 1 TT, pc and a mixer), so i want to help guide you.

Sorry I'm such a noob
    '
    dont worry about dood, thats what this site is for,, those in the know and those that are just starting out. I noticed this is ur 3rd post, WELCOME TO THE SITE. lots of great people here this is an awsome resource for Digital DJing.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    If you're looking for help, do some research on your own first. We're not wikipedia. Concepts like analog and digital setups, timecode, MIDI, ... are perfectly explained on the internet.
    He may not understand some of the terms used. we can help him out here, thats whats so great about this site. It looks like hes starting from square one, so might as well get him pointed in the right direction.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Tech Wizard

I'm really into electronic, and Off of my pc probably...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast