Super Faders - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Faders

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parkaust View Post
    so a knob or fader of any sort will work and the mid fighter board is where the "super" parts comes in? is it the board that makes it have four midi commands?

Yes and yes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Yes and how could we achieve this in bomes midi translator classic?

As in what setting would i need to use if i was mapping my Hercules RMX to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by huss View Post
    Yes and how could we achieve this in bomes midi translator classic?

As in what setting would i need to use if i was mapping my Hercules RMX to do this?

Really? This is exactly the kind of fundamental thing Bome's was invented for. You set up four rules to read a single input CC and each rule outputs part of the Super Fader result. All rules run at the same time, voila a super fader.

A quick read of TFM might help refresh your memory on how Bome's works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Really? This is exactly the kind of fundamental thing Bome's was invented for. You set up four rules to read a single input CC and each rule outputs part of the Super Fader result. All rules run at the same time, voila a super fader.

A quick read of TFM might help refresh your memory on how Bome's works.
    most devices don't send out every value from 0 to 127 tho if u were to move it quickly from min to max and vice versa... so i presume some extra cunningness would be needed when going from max to min to ensure that a val of 0 gets sent out for CC2 at the mid way point. i think that's the only gotcha...?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    most devices don't send out every value from 0 to 127 tho if u were to move it quickly from min to max and vice versa... so i presume some extra cunningness would be needed when going from max to min to ensure that a val of 0 gets sent out for CC2 at the mid way point. i think that's the only gotcha...?

Good call. This is what the Bome's registers are for, storing a copy of the previous CC value so you can test whether the current CC has crossed the dividing line so you can send a zero if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Good call. This is what the Bome's registers are for, storing a copy of the previous CC value so you can test whether the current CC has crossed the dividing line so you can send a zero if that is the case.
    sure. i haven't looked into bomes too much since writing my own midimasher. buying bomes would have been cheaper than the hours and hours i've spent on my own code i guess, but probably not as much fun
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12