Traktor pro vs VCI jog wheels --> problems

Default Traktor pro vs VCI jog wheels --> problems

Hey guys!
    I'm doing my new mapping for traktor pro. I love this new version of traktor put I'm having big issues with the jog wheels. (vestax vci 100)

I would simply like to have the jog wheels working the same way as under T3 (pitch bend on the outside, scratch or seek inside)

Even with the official file from the vestax website I can't do this! With this file, there is no pitch bend and no real scratch (it sounds like moving the jog of a cd player, even when CD mode was off)

I tried the tempo bend + cd-dj mode thing but it doesn't really work. The tracks just stop and play doesn't do any effect.

If someone as a working tsi file for the vci jog wheels?

Thanks in advance!

read through this thread: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=72965

there are a few scratchable .tsis through out that thread.

Tech Convert

I as well would like to have the option to switch on "seek" with my jog wheels as I did with the supplied tks file for T3. It seems in Traktor Pro it's possible to do so with the "transport>seek position" control, but I can't quite get the modifier working so that I retain my scratch ability.

Can anyone help out here?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You don't need to use modifiers for this. When you press the Vinyl Mode button it changes the note message the jog wheel is sending.

Make sure you have Scratch On set to the note that gets sent when you touch the jog wheel as a "hold" command, and that the "Scratch" command is when you more the jog wheel back and forth.

And then have "Seek Position" when the Vinyl Mode button is off.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Talking of jog wheel note messages....

I was experimenting with mapping the jog wheels and found in the VCI manual that the outer edge of the jog wheel sends different notes depending on whether 'time stretch' is active or not.

What is the 'time stretch' mode?
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Talking of jog wheel note messages....

I was experimenting with mapping the jog wheels and found in the VCI manual that the outer edge of the jog wheel sends different notes depending on whether 'time stretch' is active or not.

What is the 'time stretch' mode?
    Time stretch == key lock

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Time stretch == key lock
    Staring me right in the face. Thanks Bento.

Is it correct that the sync buttons can't be mapped properly because they are specific to the hardware states of the vCI? Does this follow for the key lock button?
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Staring me right in the face. Thanks Bento.

Is it correct that the sync buttons can't be mapped properly because they are specific to the hardware states of the vCI? Does this follow for the key lock button?
    I dunno, to be honest i have never run into a problem with it lolz - ill have to test this though, you got my interested !

Tech Convert

Default what works for me...

Here's the settings I'm using to get seek to work when in non-vinyl mode on my vestax vci-100:

seek position: deck a: direct: cc 18 (ch1)
    type of controller: rotary (7fh;01h)
    rotary sensitivity at 5%
    with invert checked

So for some reason I can't get the "type of controller: jogg" to work at all. Ideas?

and does anyone know the difference between rotary (7Fh;01h) and rotary (3Fh;41h)? what do those numbers mean?