Audi2 DJ Or Echo Audiofire 2
    Tech Wizard

Default Audi2 DJ Or Echo Audiofire 2

Im getting one of this as probably the problem with sound on my S4 not gona be fixed and im gona get one of this, i want a small souind card as S4 is big enouight, and i was wondering wich one has better sound quality, wich one is louder etc... Also i see the audi2 dj only has 2 outputs so if use them to the mixer i cant plug my headphones there, true? Thanks you

Tech Mentor

Don't have an Audiofire, but Audio2DJ has superb audio quality.

You only need 1 output for master and 1 output for HP's. When using an external soundcard, you only use your S4 as a controller, there's no audio going through it.

both are solid sound card. it comes down to personal perf. i would go with firewire.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have both of 'em. Can't tell them apart in terms of audio quality. The AudioFire might be just a little bit more clear in the top-end but it isn't that noticeable. At first I had the AudioFire but for me a problem was that I got into external mixing, and then you miss an output (The two jacks on the front are mono so it's only handy for internal mixing). I could have used the headphone output as my other stereo channel but that's not too convenient with the levels.

So actually the only reason I got the Audio 2 DJ was because I wanted ease of level control. In terms of build-quality I think the AudioFire is vastly superior because of the aluminum enclosing and firewire means you free up an usb port. Always good on macs . Other than that you also get inputs and SPDIF and all that, so it definitely has more features.

As I said earlier, I don't use the AudioFire anymore due to my external mixing which is why I am also selling it. As good as new so if you think about buying it maybe I can help you save a few bucks. Just tell me when you're interested.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderbongertman View Post
    I have both of 'em. Can't tell them apart in terms of audio quality. The AudioFire might be just a little bit more clear in the top-end but it isn't that noticeable. At first I had the AudioFire but for me a problem was that I got into external mixing, and then you miss an output (The two jacks on the front are mono so it's only handy for internal mixing). I could have used the headphone output as my other stereo channel but that's not too convenient with the levels.

So actually the only reason I got the Audio 2 DJ was because I wanted ease of level control. In terms of build-quality I think the AudioFire is vastly superior because of the aluminum enclosing and firewire means you free up an usb port. Always good on macs . Other than that you also get inputs and SPDIF and all that, so it definitely has more features.

As I said earlier, I don't use the AudioFire anymore due to my external mixing which is why I am also selling it. As good as new so if you think about buying it maybe I can help you save a few bucks. Just tell me when you're interested.
    I will use internal mixing, so one channel will go to the right, and other to the left so i get stereo. I cant decide tbh.

In that case the AudioFire should be good for you. The decision for you is mainly Firewire vs. USB and the feature set.