Any good stand?

Thread: Any good stand?

Tech Wizard

Default Any good stand?

Anyone know about any good stand to go to the gigs to put in the turntables or any small placeż Thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yes, Crane works pretty well with S4. Be aware of the low quality of that stand, though. I've had it for less then a year and it's falling apart already. The rubber rings are all cracked and the locks get lose over time. There isn't much you can do to fix those issues either. Good design, but very poor build quality.

Also, if you run into a problem with your Crane stand or your order, be prepared that there will be no service or support whatsoever. I've had the worst experience ordering mine from Crane's official website. First, they "lost" my order. Although, they did remember to charge me for it Then, they were out of stock for a while. The bottom line is it took about 10 emails, a few phone calls and almost 3 months to get the stand.

Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good and will last for some time, but just know it's not really that great as some people want you to believe

EDIT: One other thing I just remembered. Crane promised a 10$ rebate for Serato owners and a free carrying case for the stand. I got neither. I tried, but had to give up at some point as it was taking too long to get any kind of a sensible response from them.
    Last edited by popoff44; 12-29-2010 at 02:29 AM.
    2 + 2 = 4

Tech Wizard

^^^ wow, thanks for sharing. it must suck big time to drop that much money on a stand and still experience reliability issues.

fwiw, i'm using the uberstand. no issues so far. however, as ean stated in the review, it's good for a laptop but you wouldn't want to put a controller on it.

Hello...

I am also looking for suitable stands that can be use with the S4... would be great if any members can share their reviews if they bought any stands and if possible take pictures of the stand with the S4...

thanks in advance

chubbz