Pioneer Rekordbox Software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer Rekordbox Software

Has anybody used it? Any thoughts on it? I'm currently messing around with it to see if it's a viable iTunes replacement for keeping my music info organized. It works on both Mac and PC and even works with Pioneer Equipment (CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900). So far it seems like a minimalist and simple interface which I really like and there's nothing complicated about it. Oh and did I mention it's free? Download link: http://www.prodjnet.com/rekordbox/support/download.php

Cheers,
    Discotrick

ok, so assuming this isnt suposed to be spam (seems like it can go either way)

its good if you use cdjs (or at least it looks that way)

itunes replacement.....eeeehhhhhhh maybe.

keeping music organized. another maybe. but a verry good option if youre using the cdjs
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

It's a hunk of shit other than a CDJ to computer interface.

I tried to use it as an itunes replacement but if you use Traktor or serato it is a waste of time. iTunes interfaces with traktor, serato and rekordbox, rekordbox does not interact with traktor or serato. So for the moment, Rekordbox is only viable if you use compatible CDJ's. All that it does is analyze tracks, allow beat gridding, hot/loop cues and detailed listing onto USB/SD cards.

For some of you tech head guys who follow James Zab's.. From what I understand he uses Rekordbox instead of traktor now. He uses the midi-out signal from the DJM800, via an Audio8, to sync ableton with the CDJ2000's, he uses ableton as the source for all his efx and for dropping the occasional tune
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Ohh that makes sense. Well I guess I'll uninstall it. Are there any programs for Mac that can be used with iTunes to make it better?

I think what i like about itunes is how simple it is. Not sure if there are 3rd party programs that make it better.. wave form display in itunes would be cool
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

The thing that gets me the most is only 3 cue points. Couldn't do it with only three, at least I couldn't. (And yes, I know there are only 3 Hot Cues on the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrick View Post
    Ohh that makes sense. Well I guess I'll uninstall it. Are there any programs for Mac that can be used with iTunes to make it better?
    If your using itunes with traktor then THIS is a must have. Takes your head a little while to get around it but when you have things going it makes everything so much easier.

This is fantastic to have alongside iTunes.
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Morse View Post
    This is fantastic to have alongside iTunes.
    Beatunes is OK, but don't rely on it for key analysis.

Also, be careful how much you ask it to do. It's more than capable of ruining your library by deciding that every track is a slightly different subgenre and making it impossible to find anything.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast