Why or not buy a Macbook for the traktor s4? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

it is the size i hate about it, so want to buy a 13" or 15" not so heavy laptop. thats why i consider the macbook, but like other said, so overpriced!!

Tech Convert

Default Choice is Clear

If you want a 99.5% positive experience, then buy a Mac. You can virtualize Windows 7 and run your MS software.

If you want 0 hassles with security, updates, slowdowns, registry problems, and a better audio/midi subsystem then buy a Mac.

I am not dogging Windows users, as I am one, but I run S4 on a white 13in Macbook that is 3 years old, and it runs awesome. In addition, my experience is that Windows laptops are not made as well and break, especially HP's.

Again not dogging anyone, just relaying my experience.

To save $$ buy a Mac with smaller HD, and Memory, and upgrade them yourself. 4 gig Mushkin DDR3 is $60 and 500 Gig 7200 RPM drive is $75 at Newegg.

My $.02

Let us know what you decide!
    Last edited by npherno; 01-04-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by npherno View Post
    To save $$ buy a Mac with smaller HD, and Memory, and upgrade them to yourself. 4 gig Mushkin DDR3 is $60 and 500 Gig 7200 RPM drive is $75 at Newegg.

My $.02

Let us know what you decide!
    or get 8gb of G.Skill for $74 shipped

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/4469...speedbooster-8
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfree View Post
    ... but like other said, so overpriced!!
    You pay for the quality. That might sound cliche', but I can whip out my 2003 PowerBook (predecessor to the Macbook Pro) and it will still run Traktor 3 and Ableton 7 concurrently with no problems. You get what you pay for most of the time, and a Mac is no exception.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

I tell people this, It depends on how serious you are about your DJ'ing. I worked with Windows laptop setups with all kinds of dj software for the last few years and in the end I couldnt handle the unreliability of Windows. Last thing you need is a blue screen of death mid set at Space in Ibiza or something. Ever since i went the mac route i have only had it crash on me a couple of times out of 50 gigs. Trust me if you want stability and to be taken seriously get a macbook you will never look back

www.zoosh.es
    Macbook pro 15" 2.6 Ghz | Traktor S4/Pro 2.03 | NI Maschine | Novation Launchpad |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12