Korg nanoPAD Help Needed
    Tech Student

Default Korg nanoPAD Help Needed

Hey guys, I just got a Korg nanoPAD, and I'm really exciting to start using it, especially after all the videos I've seen of it. The problem is, I have no clue how to work it at all. I am pretty familiar with FL Studio 9, and I have the Korg nanoKEY that I use regularly without problem.

In FL, I can get my nanoPAD synced up, and I can see that the midi signals are coming in. However, I opened up FPC and the pads are terribly unresponsive and aren't even consistent with their corresponding pads in FPC. If anyone knows how I can fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I downloaded EZdrummer LITE that came with the nanoPAD, but I have no clue how to work any of that. I open up Toontrack solo, and then EZdrummer LITE pops up, but I don't know how to assign sounds to the pads on my controller. If anyone has any help or advice for this beginner it would be awesome.

Tech Student

So far, to sync the nanoPAD with FPC I tried selecting "map notes for entire bank" in FPC, then clicking on a FPC pad, and then hitting a nano pad, but this has not worked for me. I also tried to change the midi note of the FPC pads to match the midi note of the incoming nano pad signals, but that wasn't working too well. Whenever I hit a nano pad, the incoming midi note that i see in the top left corner is inconsistent. I could hit pad 1 and it would show C4, then I would hit it again, and it would show A3 or D#3. Similarly, I would move on to pad 2 and then see C4 again.

Also, the pads are unresponsive. I mean that there is a lag between the nano pad hit and the sound, and often I will get no sound. Seems like I have to hit the pads relatively hard to get the MIDI signal to come in, and even then, the sound either lags behind or there's no sound. Oh yah and right now, the only sound I get is the kick that comes up by default in the first channel. Every pad triggers that kick, but still as I said before, there is lag or no sound after a hit.