(OLD) Midifighter Update for Mac and Windows (OLD)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation (OLD) Midifighter Update for Mac and Windows (OLD)

This firmware updater application has been replaced by the new Midi Fighter Utility check it out HERE

FOR MAC
    This firmware updater application has been replaced by the new Midi Fighter Utility check it out HERE
    Mac OS X, version 10.4 and up, downloadable from here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/software/mac/MFUpdate.dmg
    Open the DMG file as usual and drag the app onto the Desktop or into your Applications folder before executing it (super important to run it outside of the DMG, it downloads a temporary file).

Try it out and report any successes or issues to this thread.

You're welcome.

FOR WINDOWS
    We have a new version of the Midifighter Update 1.0 for Windows that we think will fix the problems. You can download it from here:

http://www.djtechtools.com/software/pc/MFUpdate.msi[/INDENT]

Remember to uninstall the previous "Midifighter Update 1.0" app before installing this new one.

Assuming you have never previously installed software to update your Midifighter [1], when you put your Midifighter into Bootloader Mode by holding down the four corner buttons and plugging in the USB cable, Windows should respond with a "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard". We now have a set of drivers you can direct Windows to use, located in the directory:

\Program Files\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers

This directory includes drivers for the X86, AMD64 and IA64 platforms.

1. Select "Install from a List or a Specific Location (Advanced)", click "Next"
    2. Tick the box "Include this location in the search" and click "Browse".
    3. Direct the dialog the "Program Files/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers" directory, then click "OK".
    4. The drivers should then install.

After installation you will find that a Midifighter in bootloader mode appears in the "Device Manager" list as a new USB device called "Midifighter DFU Bootloader" under the section "LibUSB-Win32 Devices".

Running Midifighter Update should now go smoothly and your Midifighter will be found, updated and restarted.

Report back if this new fixes the problems for you!

- Fatlimey

[1] e.g. Atmel Flip or dfu-programmer for Win32
    Last edited by midifidler; 09-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Tech Mentor

Cheers man, I will test it out
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Default Update Success on Windows x64!

The update seems to have worked for me!

I initially saw the "driver not found" problem when going into Bootloader mode. After manually installing the drivers supplied in your latest version of the updater on my amd64 machine, the Midi fighter was recognised in boot loader mode.
    I was able to then run the updater successfully!

Good work Limey, much appreciated

The Midifighter Update for Windows beta version is now the official version.

If you still have problems, don't hesitate to post on this thread and we'll get you up and running.

Tech Wizard

Hey Fatlimey, thanks again for this, but I'm getting a "file not found/404/page error" when I try to DL the update =(

Quote Originally Posted by RCUS View Post
    Hey Fatlimey, thanks again for this, but I'm getting a "file not found/404/page error" when I try to DL the update =(
    Oops, my inability to edit a URL. Fixed the post, try again.

Tech Wizard

Default Fuck. Yeah.

LOVING THE UPDATE! Four Banks Mode is all i could ask for. Update was breezy. I am a very happy camper right now, thanks Fatlimey and DJTECHTOOLS!

Default still having problems!!

After following all the steps im still having the same problems.I have tried on my windows7 laptop and also an old xp laptop.
    it still shows up "failed to find a midifighter in bootloader mode" even though its listed in device manager!! I would appreciate any help or advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    After following all the steps im still having the same problems.I have tried on my windows7 laptop and also an old xp laptop.
    it still shows up "failed to find a midifighter in bootloader mode" even though its listed in device manager!! I would appreciate any help or advice!!
    1. You're using Win7.
    2. You downloaded and installed the .msi file.
    3. You plugged in your Midifighter while it was in Bootloader mode, and got the "Welcome to Found New Hardware Wizard".
    4. Using the wizard you installed the drivers that are stored in the "/Program Files/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers" directory.
    5. The drivers installed correctly and you can see the "Midifighter DFU Bootloader" device in the Device Manager.
    6. You then run the MFUpdate.exe file and follow the instructions about entering bootloader mode, clicking "OK" and "OK".
    7. And you get the error "Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloer Mode".

Is it correct that you followed all of these steps? Can you copy and paste the entire MFUpdate output log to here please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    1. You're using Win7.
    2. You downloaded and installed the .msi file.
    3. You plugged in your Midifighter while it was in Bootloader mode, and got the "Welcome to Found New Hardware Wizard".
    4. Using the wizard you installed the drivers that are stored in the "/Program Files/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers" directory.
    5. The drivers installed correctly and you can see the "Midifighter DFU Bootloader" device in the Device Manager.
    6. You then run the MFUpdate.exe file and follow the instructions about entering bootloader mode, clicking "OK" and "OK".
    7. And you get the error "Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloer Mode".

Is it correct that you followed all of these steps? Can you copy and paste the entire MFUpdate output log to here please.

I followed all those steps and they were exactly as described! Here is a screenshot of my mf update and device manager.How do I get an output log?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast