CME Bitstream 3X

Default CME Bitstream 3X

Anyone have any hands on experience with this bad boy http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov0...itstream3x.htm ? Im in the market for a controller to control Ableton with enough knobs to EQ and also a crossfader, but my choices seem kinda limited so any other suggestions would be appreciated. Here are the specs

35 knobs
    - 8 sliders
    - Ribbon controller
    - Analog joystick
    - Cross-fader
    - 28 push buttons
    - 21 Groups
    - 100 scene memories
    - FULLY programmable
    - Direct access to MIDI channels
    - MIDI I/O, USB, Footswitch, SYNC24
    - 2 RISC processors inside
    - Expansion port
    - MIDI merger and filter
    - Self-powered by USB
    - Backlight graphic LCD
    - Rock solid 4U metal case

Tech Wizard

the fact that the fader caps on the full-face image do not line up leaves me questioning the quality of this device.

I do like the control array though.

i don't know doesn't look like a real picture looks like a photo shop job to me, i have seen some in action on youtube, also check out the uc33e
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

that looks like a dmx controller for lights
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

The 3X is a kick ass controller for users that like to get in depth with programming. It's a very real controller, and it's built like a tank. The on board logic has (among other things) control feedback, programmable macros, and LFO, and "MIDI Pages" (to change the controller outputs). It's also got the ribbon controller, an X/Y joystick, 8 channel strips.

It's sick.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    The 3X is a kick ass controller for users that like to get in depth with programming. It's a very real controller, and it's built like a tank. The on board logic has (among other things) control feedback, programmable macros, and LFO, and "MIDI Pages" (to change the controller outputs). It's also got the ribbon controller, an X/Y joystick, 8 channel strips.

It's sick.
    Nice nice...so you have had hands on experience with it before??...Only complaint i have about it is that it doesnt have track launch underneath each channel but i guess that can be solved with a Korg Nano pad which costs $50.00..

I own it. It's a ridiculously cool controller. It's also hard to program (for me, anyhow), because the manual doesn't make a lick of sense. But I used it to control Traktor 3 before I'd had enough of Traktor 3 and went back to 2.5.3.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

I was looking into this controller because it had everything I wanted in a controller.

The only thing that made me decide to go for a BCR is that I could not find a local selling address for the 3x, just to have a hands on demo.

Everytime I am thinking of an ideal controller, I dream up something ridiculously close to this beast.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by steveboyett View Post
    I own it. It's a ridiculously cool controller. It's also hard to program (for me, anyhow), because the manual doesn't make a lick of sense. But I used it to control Traktor 3 before I'd had enough of Traktor 3 and went back to 2.5.3.
    Yeah I read a review by remixmag saying that it may be tricky to program because the manuals for it is sparse and that alot of the info is spread all over the place. As I am total Ableton noobie i believe this is gonna something to chew on for a long while, and hopefully the wonderful ppl here at DJTT wont mind helping