Recording your mix on Traktor....

Default Recording your mix on Traktor....

What do you all use to record your mixes you do on traktor on a macbook pro? on my windows laptop i used a programme called cool edit pro. Now i've got my macbook i was wondering how you all do it? i know i can record within traktor but thats just wav format. I've just downloaded audacity 1.3.8 from the apple website, anyone use this? seems pretty similar to cool edit pro looking at the GUI on the picture. Any feedback on this programme would be greatly appreciated or any other programmes available for recording my sets.
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

I just record using traktor and then convert the .wav into a 320kbps mp3 after with garageband... can be done with itunes or audacity as well.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Ah right, so i can use garageband to do that? ive not even looked at garageband yet, so im not sure what you can do with it haha...il be sure to take a look and see, is it easy to do converting it in there?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Yeah just open garageband, drag the .wav into it. I usually cut off the silent bits at the beginning and end of the mix cause there's about 10 seconds between when I normally press record and actually get songs going. Just make sure when you go into option to select custom and configure that cause the default is pretty bad. Same for iTunes, default import quality is SHIT (like 160kbps) so make sure to increase that so any CD's you rip wont sound awful.
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

cheers dude, will have to give it a go over the weekend when hopefully i get some time to smash a new mix out

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can even set chapters in Garage Band with album art and links to downloads for each song in the mix. Pretty cool, but more work.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You can even set chapters in Garage Band with album art and links to downloads for each song in the mix. Pretty cool, but more work.
    Hmm, didn't know that. You sir, are full of great bits of information!
    As the Heavy from Team Fortress would say: "Photojojo is credit to forum! Hahaha!"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Add WAV file (recorded with Traktor) to Nero (v10).
    Wave Editor to edit
    - clip ends
    - track mark
    - add in track names
    Properties to tweak
    - widen stereo image
    - reduce hiss
    - RMS normalize file
    Burn as WAV - delete rec file
    Convert to mp3.