how do YOU do one shots in traktor?
    Tech Mentor

Default how do YOU do one shots in traktor?

ive been using decks c and d as my one shots. just curious of other peoples methods

C and D. i use my dicers to control them
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Ok, this is a noobish question, but what are one-shots? Like samples? Or loops?
    My Professional SoundCloud
    My Amateur SoundCloud
    Send me an email to collab, remix, request, anything related to music! It's on my SoundCloud pages.

Yeah they are like samples you play once ... Like playing a small audio file thats just someone saying "Make some noise!" or something like that over your tracks

We use a two controllers to control two decks. My partner controls decks A+B and I control decks C+D. Whilst he is doing the main mixing, I am controlling the effects and mixing samples (all sorts of vocal samples, and mixing in other songs to add variety + so that people can associate the vocals to their drunken dancing!). Smack my bitch up sounds amazing when at 160BPM , everyone loved it last night!
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

@The Bong Squad - Sounds like a killer setup, do you have any videos of you two in action?
    My Professional SoundCloud
    My Amateur SoundCloud
    Send me an email to collab, remix, request, anything related to music! It's on my SoundCloud pages.

Tech Mentor

I need to start doing this put i barely play music where i could
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

I usually run a program called soundplant in the background and map my one shots to the function keys. you can set soundplant to read all keypresses, even when it's in the background, then i just run its output to one of the channels on my mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    C and D. i use my dicers to control them
    How do you find the dicers, could i use an LDP8 instead?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

the dicers feel solid enough to throw at a brick wall and immediately plug in and continue to use.

the buttons are perfectly sized (same size as the midi fighters if i remember right) and super responsive. ive even tried lightly touching the far edges of the button and it was just like i hit the middle.

but dont take that the wrong way, you do need to push the button, its not like the lightest touch sets it off.

in terms of controls you have 5 buttons and 3 layers on 2 controllers. so thats a total of 30 buttons. map an independent shift key for each controller and now you have 60 buttons.

not to mention that when you HOLD the layer buttons it activates ANOTHER layer, so you really have 120 with a shift key and 60 without

its hard to top that.

also, i have the "dj putty" on the feet to get it to stick to my table so they dont slide, but that stuff gets a bit stiff and isnt as effective when you try to use it again (my only compliant)

EDIT: i also would like to mention that when i was mapping my dicers (before i fucked up the mapping)

i got it to have hotcues 1-8, delete hotcues 1-8, pause and play, sync, and load working on all 4 decks with plenty of buttons to spear

then i fucked up some of the led stuff, then i dun goof'd the modifier (each dicer had its own shift key, but i accidentally made it so that when one is on so is the other. when i tried to fix it i think i somehow made it not work half the controls and figuring out how exactly to fix it was too much of a headache) and i scrapped it and now im using djtts mapping till i have the time to redo mine.
    Last edited by theory28; 01-01-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.