T Squared - Preparation H (Dual Traktor Midi sync mix video)
    Tech Guru

Default T Squared - Preparation H (Dual Traktor Midi sync mix video)

Hi folks, here is the video recorded of my mate and I recording our official 2011 mix. We are the first (and only) duo in Northern Ireland to use two Macbooks both running Traktor Scratch Pro sync'd to each other via midi clock.

I RECOMMEND WATCHING IN HD AND FULLSCREEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70LYFOdwkfk

I had to edit it down to be less than 15mins, so the full audio version can be got here: http://soundcloud.com/t-squared-1/t-...-the-promo-mix
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Hey, great job on the mix, DJings always alot more fun when you divide the work! I have a question though, how did you get traktor to sync to a midi clock? I know how to send it, but not how to apply one.
    My Professional SoundCloud
    My Amateur SoundCloud
    Send me an email to collab, remix, request, anything related to music! It's on my SoundCloud pages.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJCollision View Post
    Hey, great job on the mix, DJings always alot more fun when you divide the work! I have a question though, how did you get traktor to sync to a midi clock? I know how to send it, but not how to apply one.
    we'll be posting another video shortly showing how it is done....but its also in the manual
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Sweet, thanks! And I should have checked there in the first place, sorry!
    My Professional SoundCloud
    My Amateur SoundCloud
    Send me an email to collab, remix, request, anything related to music! It's on my SoundCloud pages.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Really nice mix, listened to the full thing after the video and while it's not my usual listening I really enjoyed it. Keep it up guys!
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Looks like a fun setup. Loved the use of the first deck starting around 6:25, very cool stuff.

Why 2 laptops? couldn't this just be done w/ one laptop and 4 decks?

Tech Guru

thanks for the comments guys!
    Gary, we did look at the 1 laptop option, and its still an option for very small dj boxes, but we found it restricting. mainly when it comes to searching for tracks, the other dj is penalised by not being able to get on screen feed back of what he's doing etc.

we will also be expanding to use 3 and 4 decks each, venue permitting, i.e. id there is a djm1000, or A&H xone 62 etc..plus the fact we had two laptops, why not use them?