Why did you become a DJ/Producer?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Why did you become a DJ/Producer?

Search came up with nothing on this topic. This one is bound to get an audience. So let's be honest here, This question was asked from a girl that liked me in elementary tonight after so many years, she found me on FB (aww <3) anyways. My response, in complete seriousness was "to bring the girl that made me go as crazy for her as this music does." and BAM - I got a date for next tuesday. Crazy ish this thing called music does to people.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Natural progression from just listening for 16 years. Was time to get involved
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

When I was 15, with my family in Antwerp Belgium, we saw the Cutty Sark tall ships on the Scelde…there was a warehouse party going on a block off the water. Sadly, I was 15, and my parents didn't let me go. But it seemed like such an interesting scene that I felt like I had to do something in the EDM scene.

Also, I want the bitches.

nobody loved me until I was a dj.

Tech Guru

I "discovered" dance music last year during my first months in college through a friend.

First track that caught my ear was "knobbers" by crookers.

The rest is history.

I seriously look back and ask myself "wtf have I been missing out on my whole life?!"

Best part: I was born in raised in Miami, but I guess living in the suburbs kept me from this.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Was at a club with my wife and friends when one of them stated that the DJ sucked and my wife replied with "you play better than this at home." It's been downhill and uphill since then.

Currently on my way to getting an S4 so I can take it further and then eventually to clubs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I want the bitches.
    Awsome!!!

I started playing gutair when i was 13 joined a punk band at 15. started my own punk band at 17 recorded up in san fran when i was 19 with a small indie label.

that same year maybe 2 or 3 moths after i was up in san fran i went to my first Rave (first time i heard a jungle beat) and then my second rave. the second party i think it was called Trance____ somthing, i wanna say trance trippin but i no its not(thats an awsome old sool trance cd i have), it was thrown by neo sapiens 1997-98. That night changed my entire life. and have since been a die hard EDM fan and dj.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

started when i was at uni,just a love of EDM got me started i think........ along with the chicks and the free party supplies just seemed like a better hobbie than boozing all the time at uni.
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

love to EDM

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    So let's be honest here, This question was asked from a girl that liked me in elementary tonight after so many years, she found me on FB (aww <3) anyways. My response, in complete seriousness was "to bring the girl that made me go as crazy for her as this music does." and BAM - I got a date for next tuesday. Crazy ish this thing called music does to people.

This has to be the coolest evar. That connection, so long ago, and now a date.

Straight Dope!
    ------=== ===------

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast