Itunes library alternative for mac? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Forgot to add that i don't want to add all to Traktor if i can avoid this. I want to keep it as lean as i can.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Does itunes let you drag songs to a folder in the finder? That works for me. Make a playlist in itunes just of the songs you want in traktor, drag them to a folder in the finder, and then import that folder to traktor.

I don't understand the chinese text problem though I'm sorry

Tech Guru

Thanks for you help. I will certainly use that workflow method for pre gig prep. However i do take "play crap for cash" gigs too and many a request comes my way. No solution for this yet other than entire collection import into Traktor. Surely some software developer wants to take Itunes on and create an alternative library that works, isn't bloated and can drag/drop into Traktor. Either that or NI could fix Traktor's exception error??
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

I had the same problem and searched through 40000 songs in my itunes library. I showed everything in the search bar that could show chinese text and searched all the fields. If I found any chinese characters I changed them to english. It took about an hour or so but afterwards Traktor had no problem linking to the itunes library. Kind of a pain but definitely worth the hour.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

sebastiannz

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I think iTunes doesn't play well with Traktor, but i also think iTunes is a hideous abortion of a decent product. I effing hate it.

I just use Traktor's collection, and it's fine…a bit slower, but…it's fine.
    glad I'm not the only one

Tech Guru

I have scoured my collection with all fields open and found a few but obviously not all. Will give this a go again and hopefully fix my problem.
    Anyone given RE3 beta a go? I had no luck with RE2 but am tempted beta testing 3 if it's any better.
    I have bitten the bullet and ordered an OWC 120gb SSD anyway (optidrive getting ripped out) so if i have no success it's all going into Traktor. With a blazing new drive there shouldn't be any problem.
    Last edited by D-Kem; 01-07-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Tech Guru

Use RE3 right now, it's actually quite good - not to sold on the key/bpm accuracy and i had some problems writing tags in the last BETA (It's okay now in BETA 52), but for free i like it as a library, more than itunes anyway.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Use RE3 right now, it's actually quite good - not to sold on the key/bpm accuracy and i had some problems writing tags in the last BETA (It's okay now in BETA 52), but for free i like it as a library, more than itunes anyway.
    Thanks for that, will test it today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12