Mixdeck and Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Mixdeck and Traktor Pro

Hey guys,

I just purchased and downloaded Traktor Pro during Native-Instruments 1/2off sale. Most of the controls are mapped perfectly so that the control works AND shows up on Traktor. Other controls on my mixer work (gain, master volume) but do are not being picked up on traktor. So I now have two separate master volume controls, one on the mixdeck and another on traktor

Mapping - I have tried to map it by going into Preferences > Controller Manager > Add In > Mixer but then the "Type of Controller" and "Interaction Mode" don't show up at all and it won't let me map that control because of it.

How do I change "type of controller" and "interaction mode" ?

I would appreciate any help!

-Coop

I have the Mixdeck as well.

The mixer on the Mixdeck is not a Midi device but rather works as a soundcard and an External Mixer.
    This was done so you would not be limited and could mix media types (ie... USB Drive with Traktor, CD with USB, and Traktor w/ CD).
    This being similar if you were to use a set of CDJ 350/850/900/2000 and a mixer.

If you want control over your Traktor Master Vol. etc.. you will have to employ an additional controller.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Convert

Okay so what should I set the master volume to on traktor? Just maximize it?
    hmmm, i thought you could map traktor to anything
    I was hoping if I adjusted that then it would fix my problem with my recording issue because as I record no signal is being picked up even though the music is playing (as in the equalizers are not moving even though the master volume equalizers are)

Tech Convert

Your right!
    Just got off the phone with native instruments. I bought Traktor pro so i could record my mixes, but the Mixdeck is the ONLY mixer that doesn't allow it since its not a midi controller.... lame

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Your right!
    Just got off the phone with native instruments. I bought Traktor pro so i could record my mixes, but the Mixdeck is the ONLY mixer that doesn't allow it since its not a midi controller.... lame
    Wait what does the Mixdeck not allow?? What does it mean that it's not a midi controller?

That makes no sense

midi != audio
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

He probably wants to record internally to Traktor. Which means mixing internally to Traktor. Which means using a midi device as a controller for the internal mixer.

???
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Wizard

only the decks on the mixdeck are mapable(i.e. deck A and Deck B, not the mixer). Hopefully that helps.

Hi Guys,
    First post here !

I have the Mixdeck as well, and use it with Traktor Pro.
    As mentioned, only the decks are MIDI compatible and can be used to control Traktor.
    The switches on the mixer (which is analog) have got to be set to pc.
    So if you want to record your mix, you will have to plug in a RCA cable in the record output, and put the other end into your computer's line-in port. Then, in Traktor, you have to set recording to external, and set it up so that it recognises the sound coming in through the line-in.

I hope this helps you out.