So does anyone else use traktor, but not sync? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

gave up on that shit after like a week. imo you'll be better off in the long run by learning to properly beat match, whether you end up using it much or not.
    plus it's boring using sync unless you're creating something big with fx or samples etc and need the extra time

Tech Mentor

EDM; 4/4 house/electro can be beat matched blindfolded ...especially in the days of quantized tracks. no real need.
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by TABS View Post
    EDM; 4/4 house/electro can be beat matched blindfolded ...especially in the days of quantized tracks. no real need.
    no way! I always need my eyes to beat match..

Sync is pretty much irrelevant -- if you're using Traktor and looking at the screen, you're not beatmatching by ear. The BPM readout and the phase meter give you enough visual information that you can beatmatch perfectly in traktor without even listening to the output, even without using sync. Sync is a great timesaver but Traktor has already figured out the hard part for you; at that point there's really no special achievement in avoiding the sync button.

If you really want to beatmatch by ear, do it without looking at the screen at all. Or try regular vinyl

I beatmatch manually as much as possible using my DVS on my 2 main decks. This means no looking at the screen, doing it all by ear.
    The 3rd deck is on an LPD8, so this gets synched to save myself the headache.

If i need to be doing 3 things at once to bring in the next track / sample / fx / fend off drunkards i'll use the phrase meter to match more quickly.

I went back to synching the other day and I find it really rather boring. I ended up twiddling my thumbs, which i have vowed never to do.
    I find the feel of vinyl pretty magical. Even if im not playing genuine vinyl, nothing else comes close.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

I just practice now and then to be ready if something happens and I have to play the club's cdjs if the computer would melt or anything similar, just good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    it's boring using sync unless you're creating something big with fx or samples
    That means you obviously need to drink more…and stop ruining perfectly good tracks with effects and samples.

Whats the point - if you want to learn how to beat-match the only way is with vinyl.
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

I properly beatgrid and hit sync every track.
    I do use only the traktor effects and without the beatgrid you will not be able to use most of them correctly.
    I'm a fully digital DJ, I have only around 10 hours played on CDJs + Mixer

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    no way! I always need my eyes to beat match..
    You must be a serato DJ then.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast