I feel like such a douchebag right now - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus_77 View Post
    Its called shopping around. Nothing wrong with that.
    It is OK to shop for a better price...but, you should also be willing to pay more for better service. If one site has a better interface, and makes searching easier...then you should reward them for that better service with your $$$. How long do you think the better, easier to use, site will be around if you keep that up?

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    It is OK to shop for a better price...but, you should also be willing to pay more for better service. If one site has a better interface, and makes searching easier...then you should reward them for that better service with your $$$. How long do you think the better, easier to use, site will be around if you keep that up?
    I would have to agree when talking about dining in a restaurant, but when purchasing digital content, price is the bottom line in my opinion. Digital content is far from a service oriented industry.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    yeah this is why i feel guilty about it. although i think whats making it more expensive is the exchange rate against the british pound right now
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Man, didn't any of you guys know that PAYING the HIGHEST amount you possibly can for digital music, actually means it sounds better?

... joking for sure. I honestly have shopped around in the past, but generally try and stick with beatport, even if it's a couple cents more. I like their layout (unlike some) and I like the fact that if I ever lost it all, I could contact them and get it back.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus_77 View Post
    Digital content is far from a service oriented industry.
    And yet, at least one website has managed to have a better layout than beatport...that sounds like a service to me. It also sounds like at least someone recognizes that service as "better."

This is more like going into a brick&mortar bookstore to browse, and pick out books...then buying on amazon. You are using the service, paying nothing, then walking out to buy from another location that is cheaper.

Again, how long do you think the better service will survive?

This is not exactly the same idea...but it remains one of my favorites....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Man, didn't any of you guys know that PAYING the HIGHEST amount you possibly can for digital music, actually means it sounds better?

... joking for sure.
    So...following that all the way to the bottom...why pay at all?

... joking for sure.

I do it all the time between trackitdown.net, Beatport, and Juno. A bastard is me.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    I do it all the time between trackitdown.net, Beatport, and Juno. A bastard is me.
    Me too. No option in South Africa BUT to use these sites - NO local options.
    - We have 2 exchange rates to consider ie Rand vs. dollar/pound (at the moment dollar wins)
    - Had good service from both sites with issues - corrupt files etc. Beatport has the edge
    - Both sites are a carnival - MORE is NOT better - clean them up.
    - IMO juno player better, but Beatport easier to use
    - Selection wise 6 of 1, 1/2 a dozen of the other
    - Genre filtering on Juno better
    - Big issue is copyright issues in Africa, but what is sometimes restricted on 1 is available on the other, some labels on both (get a life Surrender All!!!!)

Shopping around is being smart - not being a douche.

[Note to sites - you want loyalty.........GET A DOG]

Funny... I used to shop at Juno's for a lot less than Beatport, but ultimately shop at Beatport now for it's service and comfort (Beatport Downloader, Auto embedded covers) even though it's costing a bit more.

So no, I do not think that price is the only deciding factor when buying digital stuff.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    I'm shopping for tracks on a site whos layout i love, but then copying what i find and getting them on beatport cause its cheaper.

im going to hell

but god i hate navigating beatport. impossible to find anything good on that site.

still, im a total douche for doing this.

anyone else do stuff like this?
    Yeah. Beatport is a nightmare. Never once found anything good on there.

What's the site you're using to navigate tunes? I'll buy something from them, to stop you going to hell

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast