I feel like such a douchebag right now - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Guru

i split it in half

half there, half beatport. also paypaled a friend to buy the region locked stuff i wanted.

so i figure, karma balanced itself out =p
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

I usually rack up all my faves in the basket at juno & beatport and proceed to get on emusic to find as much of it as I can on the cheap. 22p a song, 256 vbr, proper tagging and album art.

Ever since they changed their pricing structure theyve been giving their old subscribers extra credit to make up for the short fall of the price change. That just so happens to double my available credit! £12 a month for 50 tracks is a bargain im never gonna give up.

The only trouble is its got a horrendous UI, you have to know exactly what you want to find it, and even then, they might not have it for a month after release.

I understand what you guys are saying about paying for a better service, but the prices on beatport & juno really put me off when I could potentially get it for practically nothing.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    And yet, at least one website has managed to have a better layout than beatport...that sounds like a service to me. It also sounds like at least someone recognizes that service as "better."

This is more like going into a brick&mortar bookstore to browse, and pick out books...then buying on amazon. You are using the service, paying nothing, then walking out to buy from another location that is cheaper.

Again, how long do you think the better service will survive?
    Isn't the US the home of capitalism? Doesn't sound like you hold much stead with free market economics.

Are you a COMMUNIST?
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

What site is this UK site that is better to navigate than Beatport?

And when did everyone care so much over 30p.

Cheap skates.

Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Mentor

thanks, OP, for wasting two minutes of my time with this senseless thread

also, i'm surprised to hear that you find beatport cheapest. are you sure you compared prices with, say, whatpeopleplay? or, if it doesn't have to be a DJ music store, 7digital is even cheaper

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    I That just so happens to double my available credit! £12 a month for 50 tracks is a bargain im never gonna give up.
    Are you kidding me? I got an extra $3 for a $20 a month plan!! I mostly use emusic for Indie and soul stuff. The large majority of my dance music comes from the other big EDM sources.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    Isn't the US the home of capitalism? Doesn't sound like you hold much stead with free market economics.

Are you a COMMUNIST?
    I am advocating rewarding a company that provides a better service. I am advocating against stealing that better service, taking that information somewhere else and spending your money to reward worse service with cheaper prices. If the money flows to the cheapest price and worse service....then worse service is all that will be left.

If you want better service, then the "laws" of the free market require that you reward better service. Higher prices for better service is the essence of capitalism and the free market.

Otherwise, why hire you to DJ when a jukebox could be loaded with the "same" songs for a lot less money?

I am advocating rewarding a company that provides a better service. I am advocating against stealing that better service, taking that information somewhere else and spending your money to reward worse service with cheaper prices. If the money flows to the cheapest price and worse service....then worse service is all that will be left.

If you want better service, then the "laws" of the free market require that you reward better service. Higher prices for better service is the essence of capitalism and the free market.

Otherwise, why hire you to DJ when a jukebox could be loaded with the "same" songs for a lot less money?
    Food for thought - never looked at things that way - all for service, maybe I'm not rewarding it.

well said Sir
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

How about "exclusives" that are simply rereleases... a track you can get for $1.49 if you simply do a search instead of $2.49. This is something that should be rewarded? Of course not. The only reason I buy what I do from Beatport is I've written an external application which will get tags and art for me -- something you don't get when you buy WAV files from them.

Cheapest price gets my money. But in all honesty, I use the native players of all three sites I buy from, so no harm no foul.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast