I feel like such a douchebag right now - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

If i'm buying a release i dont really give a shit how much it costs tbh, if i want it and its there in front of me, i'll grab it. (case in point: just handed around 80 clams to beatport this evening for the upcoming mix trains)
    also, i'm too lazy to check out 50 sites to get the cheapest price, or wear pants at home.. anyhoo, may as well raid rapidshare if you are going to all that trouble mate ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I am advocating rewarding a company that provides a better service. I am advocating against stealing that better service, taking that information somewhere else and spending your money to reward worse service with cheaper prices. If the money flows to the cheapest price and worse service....then worse service is all that will be left.

If you want better service, then the "laws" of the free market require that you reward better service. Higher prices for better service is the essence of capitalism and the free market.

Otherwise, why hire you to DJ when a jukebox could be loaded with the "same" songs for a lot less money?
    LOL.

Free market ecomonomics...your service is better than the competition but your prices are higher, people use your service but don't pay for the use as they ultimately shop elsewhere, you lower your prices to a price point where your service is better and your price is a viable option, people use your service, pay your prices, your competitors either up their game or lower their prices, ultimately they can't lower them to the point that they make money. You win.

That's free market economics. Good service, good pricing. If it's too expensive, it's too expensive.

Your DJ analogy sucks too, btw.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Guru

Otherwise, why hire you to DJ when a jukebox could be loaded with the "same" songs for a lot less money?

have you tried putting gel into a jukebox's hair?
    ...and just forget about finding a pair of sunglasses that fit or a t-shirt it won't stretch out.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    have you tried putting gel into a jukebox's hair?
    ...and just forget about finding a pair of sunglasses that fit or a t-shirt it won't stretch out.
    Jeeeeeeeez - I wish I HAD hair to gel

Tech Guru

^
    get one of these tricky devils and you're set, comes with sunglasses too.
    *devastated male model who's clearly made a terrible career choice not included.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    ^
    get one of these tricky devils and you're set, comes with sunglasses too.
    *devastated male model who's clearly made a terrible career choice not included.

lol JesC owns one of those lmfao
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    also, i'm too lazy to check out 50 sites to get the cheapest price, or wear pants at home..
    Well, I only go to 3 sites tops. I see what you mean, but a more logical analogy would be going into an electronics shop and seeing something and not buying it until you shopped around for a better deal. Some won't be bothered, some will. I don't think either are wrong.

How about going to a vinyl shop, asking the shopkeeper for pointers on his back catalogue, prelistening to what he picked, then writing down the release info and buying them on Beatport?
    Now that would be douchey !

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    Your DJ analogy sucks too, btw.
    Fair enough. What about this analogy instead:

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    How about going to a vinyl shop, asking the shopkeeper for pointers on his back catalogue, prelistening to what he picked, then writing down the release info and buying them on Beatport?
    Now that would be douchey !

Fair enough. What about this analogy instead:
    It's not even close to being the same thing.

DJTT cracks me up.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast