I feel like such a douchebag right now - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    It's not even close to being the same thing.
    Why? (And I am being serious...)

In the OP's post, both stores were virtual...two internet points of sale. In the last example, one store was physical, the other virtual. Is that the difference?

What if both stores were physical?

Suppose you went to one brick & mortar store to get all your recommendations, they are more helpful in finding stuff, and also more expensive. Then you go to a second store that is cheaper (and less helpful) - and you buy from that store.

Is that just smart comparison shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    Why? (And I am being serious...)

In the OP's post, both stores were virtual...two internet points of sale. In the last example, one store was physical, the other virtual. Is that the difference?

What if both stores were physical?

Suppose you went to one brick & mortar store to get all your recommendations, they are more helpful in finding stuff, and also more expensive. Then you go to a second store that is cheaper (and less helpful) - and you buy from that store.

Is that just smart comparison shopping?
    If you are getting personal assistance, from the store owner then the analogy doesn't hold up. IF you want to use the bricks and mortar theme then the correct comparison would be if one store was nice and bright, had big aisles and their merchandise was correctly labeled and correctly catergorized but expensive against a store that was a haphazard mess that sold everything cheaper.

In that instance, sure, where is the problem in using the first store as a place to due your browsing and then a second store to buy based on price?

Even in the 'real' world, if your pricing is off, your business suffers. TBH even in your example, if the pricing isn't right and you have the balls to ask the shop keeper for help and then walk out with a list, that's the owners problem, he needs to sort his pricing out.

I can buy my goods where I like for the cheapest price possible. That's the cornerstone of free market economics, obviously an irate shop owner who won't let me in the store will put a halt to that after a while but there are no such restrictions on the intrenetz...(even a shop owner might conceed that it is good business to keep offering me that personal service in the hope I will actually use his shop rather than a competitor)
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

If I see an advert on telly for something and I want to buy it I'll totally froogle it to get the cheapest one, I'm proper tight like that.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    If you are getting personal assistance, from the store owner then the analogy doesn't hold up.
    Fair enough.

I find Beatport's navigation very useful 0.o
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    I find Beatport's navigation very useful 0.o
    I do too, the "Users Also Bought" category did point me towards quite a few nice tracks I would have otherwise missed.

Apart from that I don't really see why it should be "douchebaggy" to compare prices - neither in the virtual realm nor in the "offline reality".
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Man, this thread makes me feel bad about just going to beatport, I need to shop around more!
    Look at me! I'm on the internet!

Tech Mentor

I love beatport. They have some nice exclusives and their quality is great. Juno confuses me way to much. I havent tried itunes yet...i should tho.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    lol JesC owns one of those lmfao
    a failed male model? i don't think that's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    I love beatport. They have some nice exclusives and their quality is great. Juno confuses me way to much. I havent tried itunes yet...i should tho.
    I REALLY dislike Juno's layout.
    Look at me! I'm on the internet!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast