Choosing a soundcard?
    Tech Convert

Default Choosing a soundcard?

Sup guys,

I am currently using the numark dj/io soundcard and I'm updrading to a better one soon. I figured out I cannot use dj/io because it does not have any inputs. I use ableton live 8 and akai apc40 for djing and I need an interface that will able me to cue in my through headphones. What would be the best choice/suggestions for a soundcard that inputs and also outputs for under $200?

Thanks, Will

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

audio kontrol 1 (if you want to record regular instruments) / audio 4dj (RCA Ins)

I use the Audio 4 DJ for both traktor and ableton, as well as normal listening. The only other one I will ever get is it's bigger brother, the Audio 8 xD It's amazing... To say the least, keepin it PG lol
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Guru

I have an audio 4 and Im not impressed with it. Mainly because it's unstable. The new driver (2.9.4) is a big turd with a lot of drop outs and pops. I am running an older driver right now 2.0.15. It still has its hiccups. BTW I am running on windows 7 64bit, Asus K60IJ with Pentium dual core 2.2 GHZ T4400 and 4.0 GB of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    I have an audio 4 and Im not impressed with it. Mainly because it's unstable. The new driver (2.9.4) is a big turd with a lot of drop outs and pops. I am running an older driver right now 2.0.15. It still has its hiccups. BTW I am running on windows 7 64bit, Asus K60IJ with Pentium dual core 2.2 GHZ T4400 and 4.0 GB of RAM.
    Wouldn't trade my Audio2 for anything - except maybe a 4 or 8. NI admit new drivers are turdish. Running same on N61J. Try changing laptop driver to ASIO V2 and increase latency on settings.

Tech Guru

Tried it all. Im down to a random crackle evry time I load a track into a non playing deck as soon as i start to scroll thru for a cue point. I might re-install the original driver it came with. I had basically no pops, but I would get a random drop out every once in a blue moon prob due to the wireless being on. Bottom line it's unstable and not very proffesional.

try 32bit... I don't have problems WHEN I use 7 in 32bit... I'm mainly in 32bit SnowLeo and absolutely no problems at all, same with 64bit on newer machines. BUT... yes... NI has a history of turd-tastic drivers
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)