Midifighter Update for Mac OS X
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Arrow Midifighter Update for Mac OS X

We now have a version of Midifighter Update for Mac OS X, version 10.4 and up, downloadable from here:

Open the DMG file as usual and drag the app onto the Desktop or into your Applications folder before executing it (super important to run it outside of the DMG, it downloads a temporary file).

Try it out and report any successes or issues to this thread.

You're welcome.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 01-07-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Tech Wizard

Success Reported here.
    Lickity Split.

Just need to get my dam high output LEDs so I can get the LED mod working now!

Cheers.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Mentor

I previously flashed my MF using DeveloperTools - I'll have a go with this installer to test it out for you guys!
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

My Midi Fighter was shipped on Tuesday so this is pretty timely. Unless new Midi Fighters come with the latest firmware? Hadn't really thought about that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

hey i just tried to flash my MF on my mac and what happened is after the flash the shift key is the only one illuminated every time i try to plug in my MF and i tried to reflash it however it wont let me go into bootloader mode and just that one button is illuminated help?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo View Post
    hey i just tried to flash my MF on my mac and what happened is after the flash the shift key is the only one illuminated every time i try to plug in my MF and i tried to reflash it however it wont let me go into bootloader mode and just that one button is illuminated help?
    Hmmm - have you tried entering boot loader mode by shorting the terminals on the circuit board
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17824
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Tech Convert

my update works!!

Quote Originally Posted by notshy View Post
    Hmmm - have you tried entering boot loader mode by shorting the terminals on the circuit board
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17824

Jergo, did you get any error messages during the flash? What did the text say? Did you get a large graphic saying "Success!" or was there an error reported in the readout? What version of OSX are you running? What did you see on screen while you run the MFUpdate app?

Like the guy said try the "piece of wire" technique to get into bootloader mode and reflash again.

Tech Wizard

Getting an error that says "Unable to open temporary file: Read-only file system Flashing the Midifighter... Midifighter erased. Failed send HEX file to the Midifighter" what do I do? Now I've got all of the lights on except the shift light and it is not recognizing. Please help!

Tech Wizard

Nevermind, after messing around with it for the past 2 hours I realized that I didn't have the program saved in the right spot. I forgot to copy the Midifighter app to my app folder to get it to work. Everything's working now.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast