DPC Latency on HP laptops?
    Tech Wizard

Default DPC Latency on HP laptops?

I've got my eye on some HP laptops for Traktor Pro, Torq, and Ableton production. This one looks very solid and I'm curious how the DPC latency is. Does anyone have one of these, or a similar model?

HP ProBook 4520s (XT945UT#ABA)

Tech Mentor

IDK how good that one is but u already know about mine!
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

I love my DV-6!

Never had any latency problems... Had to 'fix' the USB drivers to accept my MIDI controllers, but that's it

Tech Wizard

Punky if you go to Native Instruments website in the Traktor forums and do a search on DPC latency people are testing laptops with a program that fits and runs on a jump drive before they will buy it they also tell you to disable the wifi card.
    http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Villinus View Post
    I love my DV-6!

Never had any latency problems... Had to 'fix' the USB drivers to accept my MIDI controllers, but that's it
    Woot fellow dv6 user!!
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    Punky if you go to Native Instruments website in the Traktor forums and do a search on DPC latency people are testing laptops with a program that fits and runs on a jump drive before they will buy it they also tell you to disable the wifi card.
    http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
    I know about the checker - this is a unit that I found online, so it's not like I can walk up to it and test it, unfortunately.

Tech Wizard

Default Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    I know about the checker - this is a unit that I found online, so it's not like I can walk up to it and test it, unfortunately.
    I woulld think really hard before buying a laptop without testing it first after the battle I had with my Toshiba it took me over 2 weeks to finally get it to quite dropping audio out due to DLP spikes its fixed now but it really sucked!!
    I might buy one if the place has a good return policy and I would read reviews about the seller.

Banned

I have never had any problem with my HP. They really do make solid stuff. I don't think you could go wrong with this machine. I cannot imagine you having latency problems with this one. Go for it.