Questions with traktor scratch upgrade kit
    Tech Mentor

Default Questions with traktor scratch upgrade kit

Hey i had a copy of traktor pro working on my computer with a audio 8 and a midi controller. I bought the certified mixer upgrade kit for traktor scratch because i had the audio 8. I spoke to the sellers for traktor in AU and they said that my traktor pro got upgraded to scratch is this true. It didnt say on the upgrade that it was upgrading my old traktor pro because it didnt say you needed traktor pro to upgrade. Can anyone help

BRad

Tech Wizard

I think Traktor Pro & Traktor Scratch Pro are the same but you would need to set it up for timecode Cd or Vinyl you can use the set up wizard to do it. Are you using a timecode with it now?

Tech Mentor

TP and TSP are, as far as i know and checked upon a few month ago, 2 completely different products.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tech Mentor

yeah thats what i thought, it never said that you needed a copy of traktor pro to upgrade to traktor scratch, just a certified mixer or audio 8. so my existing copy of traktor is still valid, as well as a copy of traktor scratch pro. I am wondering if i have 1 licence for TSP or 2 licences 1 TSP and one TP. Can anyone confirm.

Tech Mentor

They're the same but TSP also allows the use of timecodes.
    You can deregister and sell your TP now (and keep the Audio8 for TSP) to recoup some cash.

Tech Mentor

sweet thats the info i was after.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The serial number unlocks the Scratch functionalities. If you upgraded from LE or Duo to Traktor Pro and sell it the buyer will also need to follow the same upgrade path as you to get to Pro.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x