Ion discover Dj
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ion discover Dj

Tech Mentor

Default Ion discover Dj

The ION Discover DJ is an inexpensive controller and software package aimed at introducing budding Pete Tongs to the dark art of spinning the wheels of steel.

Although the actual software ,mixvibes, is horrible, when mapped to traktor pro in a decent manner the Ion actually is amazing for the cost you buy it at.

Its touch sensitive jog wheels provide accuracy and are big enough so you can actually scratch!

it has numurous knobs and buttons that when mapped can do everything that a VCI 100 can do.

For beginners and pros the Ion discover dj can do a lot way more than thought of.

Tech Wizard

They had these in the clearance rack at Bed, Bath & Beyond for like $29 or something like that I laughed when I saw it but part of me kinda wondered if anyone had tried it with Traktor too.

honestly, im not going to lie. its not nearly as bad (in terms of feel) as it looks. i had my hands on one for a couple of hours.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

I picked one up at target for 25$ it was my first controller. I didn't keep it for long I quickly realized I needed something with more buttons but it lead me to this site and it started me down the path which I like to tell myself I would have ended up here regardless but who knows.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Default Discover DJ and Traktor

Hey, I just received Discover DJ as a gift and purchased the Audio 2 DJ as well. I cannot find the mapping for Traktor anywhere. Does anyone have it and if so, can you send it my way? Also, how do you install it?

Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Dynasty View Post
    it has numurous knobs and buttons that when mapped can do everything that a VCI 100 can do.
    No, it can't. Sorry.

I'm sure it's a fun introduction for total beginners at a very low price, but it just can't match a VCI-100 in any capacity. I have tried one.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

it doesnt have enough knobs and suck to be like the vci, however Dj dynast can put up his mapping as i know exactly how it works (FFS i made it)

unique things different from the default mapping:

it controls the higs and lows, cuepoints 1-3 (and deleting them)
    tuning on effects units 1 and 2 as well as controlling parameters with the 3 knobs and the dry/ wet with the jogs (like on the vci ) and using the lowes knob (i think its labled as the gain) to control the volume faders.

theres some other stuff in there, but this mapping pushes a really basic controller really far
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Default Map for Traktor

Does anyone have the mapping for Traktor? I have discover dj, but cannot find the map any where. Thanks in advance!!

yeah. ill get in touch with the op and ill have him post it or send it to me. ill explain how it works since i made it

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    yeah. ill get in touch with the op and ill have him post it or send it to me. ill explain how it works since i made it
    Great!! Thanks again and I will keep a look out for it.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast