Just finished my first ever midi mapping!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

I did my omnicontrol in 2 hours. It was my first mapping -.-'
    Still congrats :P

Quote Originally Posted by Risc12 View Post
    I did my omnicontrol in 2 hours. It was my first mapping -.-'
    Still congrats :P
    Haha I have a long way to go. :-) I think what took the time was finding and deleting what was already mapped to the controls. Like people have said the actual mapping part was pretty simple. I don't think the whiskey made it any easier if in honest!! ;-)
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Will have to dive in to mapping myself when i get my mpk mini, using it alongside my rmx will take some mapping.

Not looking forward to it :P
    Just mapped my new mpk mini - it's the only controller I'm going to be using for a while as I'm having to sell my others and maybe save up for a new vci-100 SE. Took a while but I've practised a bit using it and I think it's ok...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    Just mapped my new mpk mini - it's the only controller I'm going to be using for a while as I'm having to sell my others and maybe save up for a new vci-100 SE. Took a while but I've practised a bit using it and I think it's ok...
    How do you like the Mpk mini? I'm excited about it, really like the layout think i'll map it for fx and hotcues, maybe map some beatjumping/looping to the keys.

Tech Mentor

Well, for me the hardest part was to find the MIDI-notes for the LED's. They aren't the same as the note for the button where they are under. And my X-fader didn't work, so i used the original mapping deleted EVERYTHING else than the X-Fader and then mapped it all ! Felt great, i only think that when your ready, i'm never gonna find that one modifier in my huge list of mapping :S.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    How do you like the Mpk mini? I'm excited about it, really like the layout think i'll map it for fx and hotcues, maybe map some beatjumping/looping to the keys.
    Really enjoying messing with it - it's just the sort of controller I wanted really, the pads are great fun to play with (I've got some instant FX similar to the DJTT dicer mapping on them at the moment) and really responsive. The only thing I'm not keen on are the knobs, they're just a bit too small and fiddly to do much with :/

At the moment I'm using the keys for all my loading, transport and looping controls but I think they'll probably be cue points or maybe FX if/when I get a new controller to go with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12