Just finished my first ever midi mapping!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just finished my first ever midi mapping!!!!

Ok so listen all I've done is spent the past 2 hours mapping 6 (yes only 6) buttons as hotcues on my Reloop Digital Jockey with LED feedback but I can't honestly remember the last time I've been THIS pleased with myself.
    I'm sorry this is a completely pointless thread but I just had to share my (somewhat over the top) excitement!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Hey I know the feeling all to well.
    Congradulations on your mapping!

Yep, mapping is right up there with watching paint dry, but you really need to get to grips with it if you're gonna get serious with the digital side of things good onya
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Will have to dive in to mapping myself when i get my mpk mini, using it alongside my rmx will take some mapping.

Not looking forward to it :P

Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself!

Unfortunately, I guarantee this mapping you've done will be saved and dis-guarded really quickly when you get to grips with your system. I'm not trying to put you off doing your own stuff, because the feeling you have now will be multiplied by one hundred if you are able to map more buttons and do more stuff. Once you get the basics, the rest comes relatively easy.

So in short, get mapping some more. If you are looking for a pat on the back, then here - feel the love.

Now do more!

Do a whole controller from scratch, now there's a project!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

i dont find mapping is as hard as everyone makes it out to be. once you get your head around it its easy but just time consuming. i mapped my maschine in about 30 minutes for hot cue control, loops, browsing, effects and some extra stuff. once you get it its simple!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Congrats, I know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    i dont find mapping is as hard as everyone makes it out to be. once you get your head around it its easy
    Kind of like manually beat matching.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

be proud of yourself... mapping stuff yourself means you know where everything is and if stuff goes wrong where to fix it .

I mapped 3 controllers myself that i use for live shows then ended up robbing someones mapping for my own controller and editing it because it was basically the same but had better moddifiers , now im down to using only 2 controllers, have 1 set up that controllers pretty much everything, and then another which using the jog wheels for paremeters in fx 2, for stuff like the gater to mess about with, volume fadders for loop size, knobs for filters, pan, crossfader curve, and buttons to turn on and off stuff and cue points etc, most of this i can do on the main controller but i just find the second one an easier way of working.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    i dont find mapping is as hard as everyone makes it out to be. once you get your head around it its easy but just time consuming. i mapped my maschine in about 30 minutes for hot cue control, loops, browsing, effects and some extra stuff. once you get it its simple!
    I agree, imo finding out how you want to map things is the hard part, the mapping itself is fairly straight forward....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast