70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soundcloud

47 67.14%
  • Mixcloud

23 32.86%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Mix cloud or sound cloud?

SoundCloud is an online audio platform that enables people to send, receive, play, and distribute music, and also engage in conversation about the music. The platform is designed to meet the needs of professional musicians. Music can be distributed in downloadable or streamable formats, to individuals or groups of people. Conversations about the music are facilitated by a capability to insert comments relating to a specific location within a sound track.
    BUT: You only have 2 hrs of free space.

Mixcloud is an on-demand platform that helps radio presenters and DJs host and distribute their content online. All the content on their site is curated by real people, its real DJ mixes and real radio shows, not algorithms. It’s all about helping fans discover new music through expert curators.
    BUT: It doesn't let you post without a tracklist

SO... WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
    Last edited by Dj Dynasty; 01-08-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Soundcloud. I cant be bothered with a mix i cant download to burn off or squeeze onto the ipod. Plus for $15 a month we have 24 hours of space. Plenty.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

thanks for voting Jester

My 5c
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i would say mixcloud for the licensing.

Tech Mentor

good point djerikt . thanks for voting

Tech Guru

I like Mixcloud for the no limits, and the track listing - but i don't like the media player and how you can't jump through points in the waveform.

Soundcloud wins in that aspect, more user friendly and definitely receives more traffic.

I use both though, although i haven't uploaded anything for ages.

Mixcrate is also good, i like that site quite a lot to be honest.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    I like Mixcloud for the no limits,
    They have 100mb limit per track. That means my two hour show has to be split which is more work.

I put a track listing with all my mixes so that part is irrelevant. And I can't sit at my computer and listen, I absolutely have to be able to download mixes. Plus I get a lot of promo and small producer songs that they load up for free download.

If mixcloud would increase their limit to 200mb or even 150mb, and I would gladly pay for that, I would use them more for my own mixes, but I'm not going to sit and listen to stuff at my computer very often.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

100mb? ouch

i think the OP is plotting world domination via making the perfect mix and (user made) music sharing site for djs and producers
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast